Which #1 Jersey Should the Orlando Magic Retire? McGrady or Penny?

Which #1 Jersey Should the Orlando Magic Retire? McGrady or Penny?

• Total voters

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
A deal for Tmac to the Rockets was already being made before they drafted Dwight.

Well I got the time line a little wrong. Everyone knew Dwight was going number 1.

Here is one of the articles of Dwight wanting to play with Tmac

Daps
A deal for Tmac to the Rockets was already being made before they drafted Dwight.

i love people that don’t follow the magic trying to tell others what happened :mjlol:

There was nothing that was keeping him here he was tired of not having help

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I feel like retiring numbers should be for the absolute legendary players, basically you are saying that this player was so good, nobody else deserves to wear that number again.

It's so fukked up now, you got people like Yao Ming, Big Z, and Chris Bosh with retired numbers
All franchises aren't equal.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Penny all the way...Tmac couldn't win with Orlando or with Yao Ming......Had a healthy Penny played with Ming they would've made a couple of deep playoff runs.

Last edited:

Sweet Pea

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
Penny all the way...Tmac couldn't win with Orlando or with Yao Ming......Had a healthy Penny played with Ming they would've made a couple of deep playoff runs.
A healthy Tmac only played with Yao that first year so your point is moot.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
As someone pointed out Max wasn't healthy during his time in Houston especially during playoff time
And Penny would've made a deep run that first year
Not guaranteed and honestly unlikely.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
As someone pointed out Max wasn't healthy during his time in Houston especially during playoff time

Not guaranteed and honestly unlikely.

I believe Ming would've been more of a factor playing with Penny.......Tmac has twice as many shots as MIng during the playoff (24.4 to 12.0) which I don't think would've happened with Penny......Penny would've gotten Ming more quality touches.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I believe Ming would've been more of a factor playing with Penny.......Tmac has twice as many shots as MIng during the playoff (24.4 to 12.0) which I don't think would've happened with Penny......Penny would've gotten Ming more quality touches.
T-Mac was the best player on the team. He was supposed to shoot 24 times a game in the playoffs. Yao emerged and became more featured as Mac's body broke down in the following seasons.

Mac being the scorer he was while guarding and hindering Dirk is why the series went 7. Penny deferring to Yao doesn't get them past Dallas. Yao averaged 21 PPG anyway. Penny averaging 22 to feed Yao to 27 PPG doesn't change the series. The Mavs players 3-6th men outperformed the Rockets.
Not with that roster. They might’ve been able to get past the Mavs but that’s it.
They don't get past the Mavs. I don't see Penny doing what Tracy did push the series where it went.