Who rapped better overall, Dot or Drake?

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
Bar for bar euphoria is the best song in the battle

K dot had the best bop in not like us

He had the best concept song in MTG

He had the best beats in Not Like Us/Like That

I don't see how there's any angle where drake beat him musically
Not to mention he left Earth on 616.. that was the best pure rapping

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
It's called rebuttal and it definitely does. LL vs Canibus clear example. And u def must not watch battle rap. shyt has literally saved rounds for nikkas.
I don’t watch it and I don’t spend hours a day trying to change other peoples opinions on their favorite rappers. If you like it I love it :hubie:

EastsideRio

You Can’t Stop The Rain ☔️
Daps
Reppin
DETROIT (Do Every Thing Right Or It's Trouble)
Was not a massacre by any means lyrically speaking. The playing field was very leveled as far as bars & quotes

Kendrick has always been more versatile & meticulous

Even with his misstep in Meet the Grahams, Kendrick outmaneuvered Drake at his own game and dropped a hit for a diss track
:umad:

Doggy performed lyrical exercises every song

Flawless victory

Gorilla Pimp

Rookie
Daps
Kendrick, it's not even close. I can understand why you'd prefer Drake, but you'd be wrong.

Critics will mention the voice but I counter by saying Kendrick performed his records 1000x better than Drake did and overcame that disadvantage to claim the throne.
Lyrically, the first part of 6:16 is tougher than most of Drakes timestamp series.
Kendrick's battle bars were better, the flips and entendres had RapGenius busy.

Drake is a great spitter/front man. Smooth and clear delivery, packaged with amazing production. It checks all the boxes, has bars for the hip hop heads but dumbed down enough for mainstream mass appeal.
In that sense he's the epitome of traditional commercial rap, and he does that at the highest level.

Drake a snapshot of the past. Very much the easy listening and smooth delivery of raps from yesteryear.

Kendrick on the hand presents as a writer/recording artist first. It's always been substance that appealed moreso than the style.
Despite this, he beat Drake out with style.

Kendrick is like a snapshot of the present where he has more artistic expression with his raps and music overall reflected elsewhere by Kanye, Future, Thug & Kodak.
That coupled with technical intricacies musically and abstract/free flowing thinking evident in his lyrics (influenced by Wayne, Andre3000), you can see how it can be a challenging listen to some ears.

I appreciate both, and both are needed for genre diversity but I cant really rep drake since his bars are not his.

Kudos though, they sounded the best they have in years but theres gulf between the two when it comes to talent.

Last edited: