Who was that breh that kept saying...

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I never said I liked it. I said it's that way for reasons.

Bloodborne probably wouldn't exist if "console warz" didn't exist.

Gotta take it for what it is :manny:
I said before that console makers funding exclusives was the strongest argument, and you didn't seem to agree

From Software manages to find money to develop their multiplatform games. the difference with an exclusive game is it has less potential to make money. it becomes a 'chicken or the egg' thing where they might need help funding the game, since it's exclusivity limits it's profit potential

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I said before that console makers funding exclusives was the strongest argument, and you didn't seem to agree
At that point I was talking about the existence of consoles. Exclusive games are not the reason consoles exist. It's the other way around. Consoles are the reason exclusive games exist.

People want to play on consoles.
Someobody has to make the consoles.
There will be competition
Therefore exclusive content will exist.

Even on PC where it's supposed to be open you get content locked behind "exclusive" hardware or software.

Competition breeds innovation, but then people want to get paid for their innovation.

From Software manages to find money to develop their multiplatform games. the difference with an exclusive game is it has less potential to make money. it becomes a 'chicken or the egg' thing where they might need help funding the game, since it's exclusivity limits it's profit potential
I understand devs will still find money, but Bloodborne is a horrible example for what you are trying to say. It almost solely exists due to the the fact that PlayStation needs to differentiate itself from Xbox. And profit isn't the only thing exclusive games are aiming for especially in the case of bloodborne. They had their multiplatform franchise to bring in a bunch of money. Bloodborne was to sell PlayStation consoles.