Why did Christianity appropriate Egyptian Mythology

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
because it's fake, manmade bullshyt, written by goat herders who didn't know where the sun went at night

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
all the mythologies in the fertile crescent are still alive and well today

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
When you look at that area of the mediterranean, it's easy to understand. All civilizations/religions have links to each other, for the simple reason that it's a small geographical area in which people have been travelling around and dealing with each other for centuries. Writing, languages, and cultures and thus religions have all been influenced by those who were around before or by the neighbours.

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
652.jpg

I'm not about to fukk up my youtube recommendations algorithm :stopitslime:

The Greeks stole and misinterpreted knowledge from Kemets Mystery Schools. Of course, people like Emperor Constantine whitewashed and paganized what we know today as "Christianity"

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm still trippin off Dr. Clarke making the observation that half the stories in the bible take place in Africa but few of the people in the bible are depicted as black. :wow:
Its a valid observation but no disrespect to the ancestor Dr. Clarke...why would you need to depict them black when half the stories take place in what we now call "Africa"?

:deadhorse:

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
Its a valid observation but no disrespect to the ancestor Dr. Clarke...why would you need to depict them black when half the stories take place in what we now call "Africa"?

:deadhorse:
If my memory serves me :jbhmm:
Because as he put it, when he was a young Sunday school teacher all the teaching material came from some company in Tennessee where all the images of biblical figures where cacs.
(He didn't get why none were black ...and as he learned more about history after moving to NYC I assume it made even less sense and eventually became a glaring "omission")