Why didn't Rick Ross vs Eminem happen?

Sinister

Banned
Daps
I remember back in 2009 Rick Ross on Sirius xm promoting Deeper than rap and in that long ass interview saying he felt like Em didn't have the same swag on "we made you" and saying he was bored going at 50 and that he was thinking about going at Em. Ross also said on his freestyle over Jim Jones' na na na na na that he threw the sort of ambiguous shot saying "I'm in the Mandarin with Eminem's mannequin". Ross also did a video calling Eminem a "honkey". I even distinctly remember Lloyd Banks saying he wanted to do an officer down part 2...then seemingly out of nowhere Ross changed his mind.

Ross was even a label mate and collaborator with Mariah...and still wouldn't get involved.

Even when there were rumors about Ross storming off from some awards show because Recovery beat out teflon don Ross quickly denied it...and asserted that Em had the best album of the year...until his own album came out.

Oddly enough unlike with others...nobody from Em's camp dissed Ross for Em and unlike many others Em completely gave this guy a pass.

Do you think something behind the scenes happened where there was some sort of talk or truce?

Squirtle

Supreme Chancellor
Daps
Reppin
New York
Em only gets involved in beefs if its personal. Ross throwing shots at Em was strictly because of his connection to 50 which was a purely Hip Hop beef. Em wasn't worried about Ross, and this is coming from a Ross stan. If Ross dissed his daughter or something like Ja did, then I'm sure Eminem would have hopped in, but for the most part Eminem didn't care. If Em doesn't care his dikkrider friends don't care. This guy Bizarre put out probably the weakest diss record ever. I appreciate him wearing a hat with me on it. But that shyt was straight trash man.

Sinister

Banned
Daps
Em only gets involved in beefs if its personal. Ross throwing shots at Em was strictly because of his connection to 50 which was a purely Hip Hop beef. Em wasn't worried about Ross, and this is coming from a Ross stan. If Ross dissed his daughter or something like Ja did, then I'm sure Eminem would have hopped in, but for the most part Eminem didn't care. If Em doesn't care his dikkrider friends don't care. This guy Bizarre put out probably the weakest diss record ever. I appreciate him wearing a hat with me on it. But that shyt was straight trash man.
Lol

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.

A lot of people who claim Em never beefed with anyone on his skill level seem not to understand this.

Trace back all his beefs, they tend to start when his daughter mentioned. Those who dissed his daughter especially when Ja Rule did when she was eight years old is when he typically goes in.

Its called being a good father.

The Mariah thing is an outlier due to their personal issues. He went after Kim and the guy(s) she fukked around with. People just didn't know who the fukk they were because they weren't famous or rappers.

Even then, he still adopted her kid out of wedlock because Kim was such a fukking mess at the time.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
A lot of people who claim Em never beefed with anyone on his skill level seem not to understand this.

Trace back all his beefs, they tend to start when his daughter mentioned. Those who dissed his daughter especially when Ja Rule did when she was eight years old is when he typically goes in.

The Mariah thing is an outlier due to their personal issues. He went after Kim and the guy(s) she fukked around with. People just didn't know who the fukk they were because they weren't famous or rappers.

Even then, he still adopted her kid out of wedlock because Kim was such a fukking mess at the time.
What about will smith, Brittany spears, Christina, ICP, benenzo, Joe budden, and 10-15 other pop stars?

He’s a Pick and choose p*ssy

Jay Electronica also dissed him and his slaves c00ns try to jump in

Sinister

Banned
Daps

Even then, he still adopted her kid out of wedlock because Kim was such
What about will smith, Brittany spears, Christina, ICP, benenzo, Joe budden, and 10-15 other pop stars?

Icp mentioned his daughter and said she's probably not his.

Benzino mentioned Hailey by name.

Last edited:

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.

Mentoned pop stars before. Not anticipating the amount of success SSLP would bring, he found himself being lumped into the TRL crowd so he dissed them for distance commenting on the state of music at the time. It proved to be successful so he continued to do so under Jimmy Iovine's orders. You know he has a boss to answer to too, right? One of the most important ones in the business.

Tell Hailie it ain't safe no more (nah)
Daddy better watch yo' back at the candystore
We fukked up, resort to plan B
fukk around she end up like JonBenét Ramsey (that's right)

- Benzino

The Joe Budden thing is still a mystery to me especially after Budden put out his self-admitted stan letter "slaughtermouse" on his way out. Something happened behind closed doors that I imagine won't be revealed for a long time.

The ICP thing was addressed by another poster.