Why didn't Rick Ross vs Eminem happen?

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Eminem only took shots at characters his target fanbase would care about. Hence Moby, Fred durst, The disney Mickeymouse club alumni, et cetera.

to black people/ the hiphop world jabs at those folks is lame/corny and not newsworthy. But to the 1999-2000 MTV/ entertainment tonight/ Late night talk show host watching white america crowd, those disses are getting highlights, which means controversy/fukkery/marketing to white america, which equals sales. There's a reason He went diamond his first 3 albums.

Beef in general has been a sales ploy most of the time. But it took me analyzing who Em beefs with, to realize it for all artists.

His target demographic won't care about him going @ a dmx(random example) or a underground rapper, so for the most part he never took those kinda beefs seriously.

You want an artist to respond to your disrespect you gotta make sure it makes his or her core fans specifically look at them funny. That's why for example Story of Adidon hit.

I would say its very few rap battles that were started purely on hiphop-based principles. I would say Jay/Nas is one of them. But who knows.

Last edited: