Why do people shyt on Steph Curry for winning an injured Cavs team but give LeBron and Kawhi a pass?

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Seriously, LeBron played an injured Heat team (Dragic, Adebayo) and Kawhi played the worst GSW team of the dynasty era with KD out for virtually the whole series and Klay getting injured when he was hot (and even then it still almost went 7 if Curry just hit his shot).

Someone explain.

EDIT: And put an asterisk on Jordan's 1991 Finals too since Worthy and Scott got injured in game 4 and missed the rest of that game and game 5 and Magic had aids in his system.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
In 2015 it was a big deal cause Kyrie and Love were clearly the #2 and #3 on the team and missed the entire series. The Cavs were starting Delly, Shump, TT and Mosgov....outside of LeBron it didn't even look like they should be a competitive team. Also, Steph was being put up as the #1 in the world even though his only title came under those circumstances so that rubbed some the wrong way.

MJ in 1991 doesn't hit as hard cause Worthy and Scott played most of the series.

Kawhi in 2019 really is a bit similar and I'm surprised folk don't make a bigger deal about it. But I think it was cause with Steph-Klay-Iggy-Draymond-Cousins it still looked like the Warriors had a competitive lineup that should have had a chance to win. I think that if Klay had missed the entire series instead of just 1.5 games then people would make a bigger deal about it.

No one is going to make a big deal about 2020 cause everyone already assumed the Lakers were winning regardless. But they're definitely not going to hold the loss against Butler either - he looked incredible in a tough situation. And outside of ring-counting it doesn't really add much of anything to Bron's legacy cause the circumstances just weren't that difficult.

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
:dead::dead::dead:....all you bytches can cry me a fukking river....
LebronNotFair.gif

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
simply because the narrative was taken away from LeBron.
purposefully, when he made the worst trade in NBA history.
That created the fake warriors dynasty.

if LeBron never traded away Wiggins.
breaking up the most pedigreed backcourt in nba history.
there would have been no warriors dynasty to begin with.
LeBron would have had a four peat after jaggin the first four peat and would have a second back ro back and a three peat as well.
Instead bron ruined his legacy being a horrible suveyor of talent.
where he shirked the responsibility of being a leader.
failing in ramping a group to be champions.
plus showcased he was not the prodigious possible goat talent.
he originally was surveyed as, as well.

if bron never trades Wiggins.
there is no warriors dynasty and the warriors are the new buffalo bills of the nba.

if you naysayers come in here.
I know you still do not know facts. As Wiggins was the only player outside of mister A, giannis. To have a wins in the regular season on record.
versus those incarnation of the warriors as well.
When everyone else failed as well.

The reason bron catches no flack is the further misappropriation of the goat narrative from bill Russell to Michael Jordan. To the fake misapproriated narrative of LeBron.
as this false goat idol in fake news made pr.

Art Barr

Ben.

Heisenbrook
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, FL
I mean certain people are gonna have their agenda depending on who they gonna root for or against, which is why people just gotta accept the fact that the injury shyt happens most of the time and you just gotta deal with it.

Would I have loved for The Cavs to have had Kyrie and Love healthy in 2015 and win the chip that season yeah but then I would also have to accept the fact that Warriors fully healthy with no suspensions beat the Cavs in 2016 so it evens out :yeshrug:

LeBron would have had a four peat after jaggin the first four peat and would have a second back ro back and a three peat as well.

there is no warriors dynasty and the warriors are the new buffalo bills of the nba.

I know you still do not know facts. As Wiggins was the only player outside of mister A, giannis. To have a wins in the regular season on record.

The reason bron catches no flack is the further misappropriation of the goat narrative from bill Russell to Michael Jordan. To the fake misapproriated narrative of LeBron.

Art Barr
:dwillhuh:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Art Barr

I mean certain people are gonna have their agenda depending on who they gonna root for or against, which is why people just gotta accept the fact that the injury shyt happens most of the time and you just gotta deal with it.

Would I have loved for The Cavs to have had Kyrie and Love healthy in 2015 and win the chip that season yeah but then I would also have to accept the fact that Warriors fully healthy with no suspensions beat the Cavs in 2016 so it evens out :yeshrug:

:dwillhuh:

I'm assuming he thinks the Warriors would have eventually caved and traded Klay Thompson and Dray for Kevin Love

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who does this? Warriors are widely regarded as an all-time squad and misnomer "dynasty" . Steph is held up as a gamechanger. I hear more about Ray Allen's shot to "save Bron" from 2 years prior, to this day, than I do about that as a negative on Curry that is. People mention it when defending Bron but I don't hear it as a means of shytting on Curry. Only speaking for myself though. Maybe I'm missing all this 2015 Warriors talk in 2020 :manny:.

The reality is that many a chip has been swayed by injuries. People only dwell on them when it's a team that they like that had the injuries or a team that they don't like benefiting.

Mad Good Dro

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t necessarily agree with the notion but the reason it was given an asterisk was Because up until that point the warriors hadn’t done anything, kawhi and bron both won chips before and were given the benefit of the doubt more so bron than kawhi because many agree if KD played GSW would’ve won. It also didn’t help that they lost the very next season. Had the handled their business in 2016 we wouldn’t be having these discussions. :mjlol: