Why do twerking and daggering get labeled as lewd?

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Especially when there are other dances from different cultures and eras that can be just as suggestive or outright sexual? Tango, Belly Dancing, certain Swing Styles etc. I mean Ballet was once considered too suggestive and improper. Do you think one day these two dance styles will be held in the same regard as the others mentioned? Do you think they get a bad rhap due to cultural and generational discrimination?

Rhapture

Supporter
Daps
Imagine if men had a dance where we just thrusted our pelvises forward in a fukkin motion for 60 seconds then took a nap
Michael Jackson, Prince, Bobby Brown, Jackie Wilson, James Brown and even that theif Elvis have all done that. All are considered great dancers.

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
None of it is okay. /thread

Bu bu but it's the dance of the ancestors

Rightttttt

If there is one ounce of truth to that, I guarantee it was not done in the manner women are doing it now.

Rhapture

Supporter
Daps
None of it is okay. /thread

Bu bu but it's the dance of the ancestors

Rightttttt

If there is one ounce of truth to that, I guarantee it was not done in the manner women are doing it now.
Alot of things in our culture have been passed down from our ancestors have been reinterpreted and used by younger generations. Why should twerking and daggering be the cut off point?

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Michael Jackson, Prince, Bobby Brown, Jackie Wilson, James Brown and even that theif Elvis have all done that. All are considered great dancers.
Mike, Prince and Bobby did it

But Jackie Wilson and James definitely didn't. That's new school stuff Breh

Elvis did swing his hips left to right tho, pause

KneeGrow.

Superstar
Daps
To answer your question OP people have presuppositions about gratuitous behavior that elicits a sexual response so they decidedly judge it harshly, given the society's relationship with sex itself (often prudish, taboo, tied to traditional, dogmatic perspective).

Rhapture

Supporter
Daps
Mike, Prince and Bobby did it

But Jackie Wilson and James definitely didn't. That's new school stuff Breh

Elvis did swing his hips left to right tho, pause

I was at the mall last week and I saw all these middle age white women waiting in line to sign up for twerk lessons at the dance studio. I just found it funny how many will call twerking and daggering lewd or too sexual but it's steadily getting appropriated like all other dances.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
All those other dances you listed take time to learn and skill

Twearking and daggering (on the woman's part) doesn't take much effort and time to learn
Women use it to get attention and to basically put a hold on your dikk that's just how it is, accept how society views it and go get some lean at the club or some shyt

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
I was at the mall last week and I saw all these middle age white women waiting in line to sign up for twerk lessons at the dance studio. I just found it funny how many will call twerking and daggering lewd or too sexual but it's steadily getting appropriated like all other dances.
Those white women want to do it precisely because they think it's lewd, they love hypersexualizing shyt they think it'll make them look sexy and ecchi