Why do y’all think The Northman flopped?

Daps
it's a meaningless saying cacs pull out when it's covenant. Thought the coli would catch the sarcasm:yeshrug:
My bad, I thought you were serious.

I gotta lay of the IMDb User Review section. I'm so used to hearing cac’s use that term there that I didn't stop to think that you were joking.

:snoop:

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
The Northman isn't what comes to mind when I think of films that should have been bigger.

This was Eggers biggest take at the box office, 70 million sounds about right.

I liked it as your standard vengeance tale dressed up in Viking garb but the shyt ain't Braveheart.

I watched it on Peacock.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Nobody gives a fukk about pale ass white devils
ijQwjRYTuECZYdjct3kd3m-1200-80.jpg
Adding on...

Order-of-the-Phoenix-Feature.jpg

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
it was marketed as an action movie in the trailer, then reviewers were saying there isn't much action. But it was still a solid movie in the end. They marketed it wrong.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
cac resistance to diversity in the fantasy genre pretty much turned me off those medieval/ancient warrior type films.

especially after i found out that black folks were quite common as cowboys but had been excluded from that genre as well.

pretty much retired those settings now

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
cuz outside of the fight scenes it’s not that good…cliche “I will avenge you father with my sword” ass movie…then they used too many well-known actors that imo didn’t fit some of these roles…some of the best viking shows/movies I’ve seen used a lot of unknown actors who to me felt more plausible/genuine in these type of roles…nicole kidman as a norse queen whore was just off…as was the willem dafoe role and a few others…thorir, the impetuous, obnoxious firstborn son who’s obviously not fit to rule anything at all, felt cliche…and then there’s the supernatural aspect of the film that wasn’t handled well at all…that’s a whole other rant in itself…too many movies/shows try these goofy ass dream sequences (ooooooh or maybe they’re not) that attempt to be deep but are completely disjointing…anyway the action is real good…and I’m high as shyt and needed something to watch