Why is Big E not an onscreen talent right now?

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know what your point is. I was just saying Big E could easily do commentary like Punk did.

You were responding to someone saying that keeping a serious main eventer type away from commentary helps keep their mystique, but the Punk example of it not hurting him doesn't work because the next thing he did sucks. That's all I'm saying.

Unless Big Es done done, they should save his return for a meaningful feud or spot.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
You were responding to someone saying that keeping a serious main eventer type away from commentary helps keep their mystique, but the Punk example of it not hurting him doesn't work because the next thing he did sucks. That's all I'm saying.

Unless Big Es done done, they should save his return for a meaningful feud or spot.

Punk was WWE champion and had the summer of Punk shortly after that commentator & Nexus run. He didn't lose his mystique at all.

• Dap
Reactions: 907

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
Best case scenario is that they want him off screen so that his potential comeback is the first time anyone sees him, and the reaction is better.

Worst case is that they're skeptical about him being able to come back, and with him being generally open about his condition, don't want to have the audience assume he's permanently done if he starts doing panel or commentary spots.
Yep.

Next time breh is on TV like that he’s either gonna come out in his wrestling gear to a gigantic pop…or in street clothes ready to announce his retirement in the middle of that ring

Either way I’m cool on seeing him on TV while all parties work on sorting all that shyt out behind the scenes

RippTheRuler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Probably having him off screen so when he returns he blows the roof off the arena.

Him coming back for the rumble would get an insane pop

My only thing is he has to do new day music or at least do the oooooooooooo (insert royal rumble town) don't you dare be sour... nobody is popping for "y'all wanna go big?" By itself

RippTheRuler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Punk was WWE champion and had the summer of Punk shortly after that commentator & Nexus run. He didn't lose his mystique at all.

Was punk commentating for over a year? I honestly had no idea he was even injured when he was doing that. I thought he was just doing it to do it