Why is it that no media outlets are shytting on Pacqiuao

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
I'm done. Dudes done made a thread in the main Coli forum about Manny kidnapping kids. I guess it makes them feel like they are defending floyd. I just don't give a fukk.
Didn't I tell u it's bigger than Floyd:dahell:

I'm using this shyt as an example of what the media is doing to ALL black athletes

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh, you know why, but there's other reasons too...

Most people aren't interested in stories of evil vs. evil, which is essentially what the media would have to trot out there. Pacquiao simply isn't as popular as Mayweather is, and he's more or less gained a lot of his popularity off of the fact that Mayweather is so hated in the first place, so of course he's not gonna get the bulk of the media attention.

Another thing is Mayweather basically made himself the villain for marketing purposes earlier in his career, Pacquiao never did this. Even without the domestic violence thing people would still be hating on Mayweather. Pacquiao is basically just a more likable person. :yeshrug: There have been Black athletes before who have done some fukked up things off the field/court and people ignored it because they were simply seen as nice guys. And the opposite happens as well (see: Starbury). The American audience is pretty simple, and therefore the American media is extremely basic as well, so this is what you get.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Black people don't have any friends. Only people rooting for a black man are black people. If it's between a black and a dude of another race chances are they will sanctify the non-black. It's the way of the world.
I'd say about 40% of Black people root for other Black people, and I think I'm being generous.

Typical Knicks Fan

F-ing Knicks.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York
White America is rooting for him. Black people are having bad luck since the Republicans took control of the Senate. Every cactified team or person have been winning since and Floyd will be the next to lose.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
ill never understand why floyd of all fighters is picked as the representation of all black fighters and black race when his fights come up...yet not one bit of this bullshyt is mentioned for any other black fighters when they fight..thats why i give it the :camby:
Floyd is Hip-Hop, them other dudes aren't. And this is a Hip-Hop website afterall.

That's why I don't pay these nikkas any mind. They talk about supporting Black fighters, yet Floyd the only Black fighter they support. fukk outta here with that bullshyt :camby:

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Floyd is Hip-Hop, them other dudes aren't. And this is a Hip-Hop website afterall.

That's why I don't pay these nikkas any mind. They talk about supporting Black fighters, yet Floyd the only Black fighter they support/ fukk outta here with that bullshyt :camby:

exactly breh.. ill use tim bradley as an example

when tim bradley faced pac in the rematch...the same sentiments were spewed non stop...there were cats who didnt know a gotdamn thing about timmy other than he was black and he held a W over him so they were saying everything and anything...the thread for that fight was a disgrace...yet the threads for bradley when he faced jmm and chaves....not one bit of that nonsense and not one bit of actual support from bradley from those same ppl when those fights happened...its the selective nature of all these race comments regarding floyd mayweather that makes it a complete joke to me...whats even worse its not even floyd against a white fighter..he hasn't faced one since ricky hatton..and even then when hatton is brought up today all these floyd stans speak fondly of him..all these comments are based off floyd facing other minorities...makes it even more :dahell:

el3mentary

Piff Wallace
Daps
Reppin
West, West
Ill tell you why.. Pacquiao is the more likeble guy.. he's humble. He's admitted his wrong doing and has since turned to god... Pacquiao came from nothing to becoming an 8 division champ, fighter of the decade, congressman, and also has the better resume... he has an entire 3rd world country behind hin

Floyd is a c00n with a lame car collection who has shytted on Ali and SRR, shytted on Africa, shytted on his father (called him a faggit on national TV.. and beats his women in front of his children and dont apologize for it

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
exactly breh.. ill use tim bradley as an example

when tim bradley faced pac in the rematch...the same sentiments were spewed non stop...there were cats who didnt know a gotdamn thing about timmy other than he was black and he held a W over him so they were saying everything and anything...the thread for that fight was a disgrace...yet the threads for bradley when he faced jmm and chaves....not one bit of that nonsense and not one bit of actual support from bradley from those same ppl when those fights happened...its the selective nature of all these race comments regarding floyd mayweather that makes it a complete joke to me...whats even worse its not even floyd against a white fighter..he hasn't faced one since ricky hatton..and even then when hatton is brought up today all these floyd stans speak fondly of him..all these comments are based off floyd facing other minorities...makes it even more :dahell:
I honestly think the majority of the over the top vitriol comes from Floyd Stans who deep down are scared that Manny might possibly beat their hero so they got to go hard against Manny at all times to tear him down so they can feel less insecure about the outcome of a Manny/Floyd fight.
That is my amateur psychiatrist diagnosis of the day.:sas2:

P.S. Bum Ass Timothy Bradley™ sucks.:pachaha:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

Most people aren't interested in stories of evil vs. evil, which is essentially what the media would have to trot out there. Pacquiao simply isn't as popular as Mayweather is, and he's more or less gained a lot of his popularity off of the fact that Mayweather is so hated in the first place, so of course he's not gonna get the bulk of the media attention.

Another thing is Mayweather basically made himself the villain for marketing purposes earlier in his career, Pacquiao never did this. Even without the domestic violence thing people would still be hating on Mayweather. Pacquiao is basically just a more likable person. :yeshrug: There have been Black athletes before who have done some fukked up things off the field/court and people ignored it because they were simply seen as nice guys. And the opposite happens as well (see: Starbury). The American audience is pretty simple, and therefore the American media is extremely basic as well, so this is what you get.

This basically sums it up. Floyd has spent the last 10 years trying to make himself the biggest villain in the sport, and it worked. He's reaped the financial rewards from his decisions, but years of making yourself the bad guy also has a downside. Of course people are going to portray him in a certain light when he basically tells them again and again he's a POS human being.

And let's be honest all the good vs. evil narrative is doing is putting more money in Mayweather's pockets at the end of the day. He's probably happy with the media coverage, because he knows controversy sells.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Most people aren't interested in stories of evil vs. evil, which is essentially what the media would have to trot out there.

I'll just say that cacs and c00ns are mad that mayweather aint 'playing the game' smiling in nike commercials, drinkin red gatorade and cheesin, he does what he does and get his money without all the song and dance, but on his own he does some stupid stuff.

That's why I don't pay these nikkas any mind. They talk about supporting Black fighters, yet Floyd the only Black fighter they support. fukk outta here with that bullshyt :camby:

People aint supportin Terrance Crawford? I remember Broner used to get stanned on here heavily.