Why isn't Mayweather interested in unifying . . he just needs to fight Kell Brook

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
And that would be the cupcake fight that he wants to take, just an easy run in the park for Mayweather. Kell Brook would get a bigger name for the effort and probably pcik up some skill from the experience but think about it. Mayweather going out as the unified champion of the most competitive division of the era . . why isn't this being talked about more. I feel like it's a shame that he's talking about relinquishing the titles rather then going out with all of them . . he hasn't done it yet, which means they might be going for this one. What do you think? Also his PPV numbers aren't much different then Khans so it would be a big sell in the UK as well. Thurman has expressed interest in fighting Brook but that match hasn't been made. I feel like who ever has that IBF belt should fight Floyd next

Also . . Roger Mayweather was an IBO champion, Mayweather should snatch that one up to . . that would be against Ali Funeka - usually IBO isn't considered when we talk about unifying but that would be like extra credit. Maybe Kell Brook should fight Ali Funeka for Floyd so Floyd doesn't have to waste one of his last fights in the ring with that bum

Daps
Reppin
NULL
he's about bread, he gotta pay sanctioning fees for each belt, and his p4p status weighs more than any belt, people though De La Hoya had won, when the announcer said "and the new", people automatically recognize him as the champ, no need to unify

far as the IBO, it was never considered a major title, and floyd's held that belt before as well, the WBO was the only title he never held and he got that, so he's won every major title in boxing, beating kell brook and being undisputed when only matter to hardcore boxing fans

Mac Casper

Daps
Reppin
Love
He needs to fight Lara. Lara is the only one to pose a real threat.

Why? . . he's at 154 . . name for the casual boxing fan - what's the benefit of that. Lara might be unmentionable after it's said and done. Mayweather needs to just focus on 147 . . you can tell he's pushing his limits when he fights at 154 . . you can see it in his movement. Plus if he does that . . he's still in the same boat in the 154 division . . 3 of the 4 belts . . he's one fight away from unifying 147 . . why is this not a big deal to him? Who was the last one to do it ? I know Kosta Tszyu did with the light welterweight division. 147 is the most prestigious division this era, the most competitive. Go out undisputed. I like Kell Brook but I know he's not on Floyd's level or even remotely close.

Mac Casper

Daps
Reppin
Love
he's about bread, he gotta pay sanctioning fees for each belt, and his p4p status weighs more than any belt, people though De La Hoya had won, when the announcer said "and the new", people automatically recognize him as the champ, no need to unify

far as the IBO, it was never considered a major title, and floyd's held that belt before as well, the WBO was the only title he never held and he got that, so he's won every major title in boxing, beating kell brook and being undisputed when only matter to hardcore boxing fans

Kell Brook is the IBF champion . . I would say that's the 4th most prestigious belt but it's still one that's on the radar . . IBO not so much, I could see an IBO championship fight going down at a high school auditorium . . but still it's not undisputed status unless he's got that IBF belt

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
He needs to fight Lara. Lara is the only one to pose a real threat.
I'd love to see that fight.

How much are sanctioning fees anyway?
Why? . . he's at 154 . . name for the casual boxing fan - what's the benefit of that. Lara might be unmentionable after it's said and done. Mayweather needs to just focus on 147 . . you can tell he's pushing his limits when he fights at 154 . . you can see it in his movement. Plus if he does that . . he's still in the same boat in the 154 division . . 3 of the 4 belts . . he's one fight away from unifying 147 . . why is this not a big deal to him? Who was the last one to do it ? I know Kosta Tszyu did with the light welterweight division. 147 is the most prestigious division this era, the most competitive. Go out undisputed. I like Kell Brook but I know he's not on Floyd's level or even remotely close.
Isn't Danny Garcia the unified junior welterweight champion of the world? Anyways, I think he will seriously look at fighting Kell Brook. I think right now the top 3 contenders for that September fight are Khan, Brook and Thurman. More than likely Floyd will go with Khan or Brook. Give it a couple of months and you may be able to re-up this thread when the fight with Brook is announced :win:
I'd love to see that fight, man.

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Most overrated dude in boxing at the moment. His stans always crying about Canelo but real quiet about Lara vs Pedo Molina :shaq2:
Nah he's not overrated. Dude has major skills, but he just doesn't have enough offensive output. Would love to see him change trainers. Not caping for him btw; I made a thread about how he was overrated a few years ago.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Nah he's not overrated. Dude has major skills, but he just doesn't have enough offensive output. Would love to see him change trainers. Not caping for him btw; I made a thread about how he was overrated a few years ago.

He is VERY overrated he beats GGG, he beats Floyd yet his best victory is who? Trout? :francis: Angulo? which he got dropped 2x by :francis:

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
He is VERY overrated he beats GGG, he beats Floyd yet his best victory is who? Trout? :francis: Angulo? which he got dropped 2x by :francis:
We have to stop comparing someone's skill level by just who they've fought. Yes, that is a big part of it, but I don't judge a person's skill level JUST by who they have or haven't beaten. Lara definitely has a lofty skill set. He's beaten some good comp, and some say he beat Canelo (I think Canelo won that fight on body punching).

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
We have to stop comparing someone's skill level by just who they've fought. Yes, that is a big part of it, but I don't judge a person's skill level JUST by who they have or haven't beaten. Lara definitely has a lofty skill set. He's beaten some good comp, and some say he beat Canelo (I think Canelo won that fight on body punching).

So by your logic a nikka could run through all D fighters and show a great "skillset" but he should be rated highly because it's not about who you have or haven't beaten. :francis:

So a guy who you think lost to Canelo should be next in line for Floyd's possible last fight? Why?

unseen

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You make too many threads about random fighters Mayweather will never fight.

Might as well throw rhonda rousey in the mix.

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
So by your logic a nikka could run through all D fighters and show a great "skillset" but he should be rated highly because it's not about who you have or haven't beaten. :francis:

So a guy who you think lost to Canelo should be next in line for Floyd's possible last fight? Why?
Controversial split decision with Canelo, breh. I never said he deserved to fight Floyd next. All I said was I'd like to see that fight. Also I said that a fighter can't JUST be judged on his resume.