Why they let Meek do the Nipsey tribute?

Sinister

Banned
Daps
Why not YG, Game or Snoop?
How was Meek connected to Nipsey like that? :dwillhuh:

Game lost that lawsuit so blue check twitter would outrage if he got on stage so I get that
I said that and some fakkit negged me for it.
....ugh I feel like I am supposed to like this song and you can never knock a tribute to the dead

But Meek sounded like...he was reading...and lifeless in some of the delivery

And like it was about him...

Something about Roddy specifically talking about being in Miami, having to wear shades hiding his tears, having murder on his mind, shouting out Prolific, Black Sam, J Roc....I can FEEL it more

That hook

I feel there are MANY people that could have done this track or jumped on it (YG, Jay Rock, Snoop, even Ross) but you probably won't like but may be able what I'm about to say...

I think GAME should have been on this Game really really knew Nip and was a big part of him blowing up...and he's good at these emotional type tracks

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Lot of rappers knew Nipsey years ago and most were west coast dudes. Dom, YG, Game, Jay Rock, Kendrick...all those dudes came up together and had interwoven stories.

Meek doing it makes sense tho. Game is radioactive so nobody giving him that platform (thankfully). Dom, YG and Jay Rock aren't big enough for the record. Kendrick is holed up in London recording his album. Meek got it by default.
:yeshrug: