Why they let Meek do the Nipsey tribute?

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Nobody got “picked”. A lot of rappers made tributes for him.

My favorite is the Dave East one but the raw freestyle one he did on Westwood over the Pretty Ricky beat not the album version.

Felt that :wow:

Last edited:

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
Roc Nation and politics. Jay-Z fronts like he’s against the Grammys but yet throws the biggest party on their weekend and has his artists do the tribute. It was no way real West Coast dudes were going to get that look. Dirty game.
Y’all la cats really hate Roddy :dwillhuh:

• Dap
Reactions: ISO

Sinister

Banned
Daps
Y’all la cats really hate Roddy :dwillhuh:
No

He's very hot (as in buzz not any weird gay shyt) in the streets probably the biggest artist here currently...especially amongst the youth.

To me personally though his shyt is too ...melodic. I dare say young thug like. I also don't like hearing Compton artists using the term "drip" and talking about sippin lean. This must also be how certain east coast older people felt ashamed seeing bloods (and crips) out there.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
No

He's very hot (as in buzz not any weird gay shyt) in the streets probably the biggest artist here currently...especially amongst the youth.

To me personally though his shyt is too ...melodic. I dare say young thug like. I also don't like hearing Compton artists using the term "drip" and talking about sippin lean. This must also be how certain east coast older people felt ashamed seeing bloods (and crips) out there.

You don’t remember TQ?

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
No

That’s what I mean. You guys expect him to have a typical LA sound.

Budda

Superstar
Daps

Do you think his sound is like an Atl rapper, can’t lie the first song I heard from him I guessed he wasn’t from Atl for some reason.

Maybe it’s cause I saw his video or something but there was just something different I thought he was from Chicago or somewhere in the Midwest originally.

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
Do you think his sound is like an Atl rapper, can’t lie the first song I heard from him I guessed he wasn’t from Atl for some reason.

Maybe it’s cause I saw his video or something but there was just something different I thought he was from Chicago or somewhere in the Midwest originally.
I agree it is like thug and future influences in his music but he also uses la slang in the mix of it all. I understand the criticism, I just feel as though in this day in age it’s trivial to be up in arms about his sound dude is a late 90s baby that’s what he listened too

Sinister

Banned
Daps
meek & nip were working on a joint project

meek has the biggest reach of the possible choices

Adding Game to it would be a GREAT look because Nip specifically wanted those 2 to squash it.

Would have been the equivalent of 50 and Joe peacing it up for Chris Lighty.

Wousl also have been a far better collab than that terrible "safe sex" track

Sinister

Banned
Daps
Game when he came out and even Kendrick didn't have the typical west coast sound.

Even the west coast sound itself has went though many changes. Old Ice T and Pre NWA sound like east coast rappers of the time.

I however don't like the overall direction in the hip hop sound...at least on the commercial level.