Will Millennials Be The CHANGE MAKERS For Race Relations In The United States?

Will The Millennials Be The Ones Who Become The Way Makers?

• Total voters

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I was having this discussion with my father today in the car on how his generation kinda dropped the ball a bit. He was born in 1952. Anyway, I was having this discussion with him after I left the temp service (work this week :mjgrin:) We were discussing Black issues. It got kinda heated.

Joe Gorilla: While I respect your generation you guys did kinda dropped the ball.

Father Joe Gorilla: F-ck you mean we dropped the ball :gucci: If it weren't for us you guys wouldn't be sh-t. Your generation elected to do drugs and kill your own brother.

Joe Gorilla: Do you know why that exists? When you put impoverished people into a jungle with NO resources what do you expect :francis: I don't condone it, but there's a lot of issues. We have to go to the root. See, I'm a Black man in the U.S. That could happen to me. I could be shot down. They look at us as Black.

Father Joe Gorilla: You're a militant. You better think about you and stop concerning yourself with the Black race. Y'all dropped the ball not wanting to listen.

Joe Gorilla: While I respect MLK we should have went the Malcolm route UNTIL we got our resources down packed. Then, we could have slowly integrated when we got the capital. Look at the Jews, Hispanics, and Asians. Riddle me this, why is it that Asians and Arabs can come in our community and not put any thing back? All we have in our community is lying azz slickback headed Pastors. We need real change.

Father Joe Gorilla: I don't know. Also, yall have to do better.

Joe Gorilla: We need honest leadership and another MLK/X type figure.

Father Joe Gorilla: People don't listen to one man anymore. They do their own thing now. Why do you keep up bringing up stats? I don't care.

It then goes to a stalemate and bickering (calls me crazy and militant) Also, went on to say I talk White (& can't break that voice), but they wouldn't accept my azz when I tried to fit in.

Point is, that our generation and the babyboomers are divided. Do you think we will be the change for the Gen X'ers. Can we pick up and establish economic & political power where our people kinda dropped the ball after integration and trying to join White feminism (Black women)?

I became aware after the Mike Brown shooting. Give me your take and yes I'm breaking my pledge of not making a thread. Hell, Doobie Doo makes more than me and I won't even be on the rest of the week.

Like I said, I respect my parents generation. However, we have a higher incarcertion rate NOW than we did THEN. 2,300,000 people are locked up in the U.S. right now.

P.S. I meant Black millennials.

@JahFocus CS @4d 6f 6e 65 79 @PhonZhi

Last edited:

Michael9100

The Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
houston
we'll assimilate.. how else could we fix the "race" problem?

Multiracial in America

Disintegration: The Splintering of Black America by Eugene Robinson
The African American population in the United States has always been seen as a single entity: a “Black America” with unified interests and needs. In his groundbreaking book, Disintegration, Pulitzer-Prize winning columnist Eugene Robinson argues that over decades of desegregation, affirmative action, and immigration, the concept of Black America has shattered. Instead of one black America, now there are four:

• a Mainstream middle-class majority with a full ownership stake in American society;

• a large, Abandoned minority with less hope of escaping poverty and dysfunction than at any time since Reconstruction’s crushing end;

• a small Transcendent elite with such enormous wealth, power, and influence that even white folks have to genuflect;

• and two newly Emergent groups—individuals of mixed-race heritage and communities of recent black immigrants—that make us wonder what “black” is even supposed to mean.

sddefault.jpg
1101931118_400.jpg

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
we'll assimilate.. how else could we fix the "race" problem?

Multiracial in America

Disintegration: The Splintering of Black America by Eugene Robinson
The African American population in the United States has always been seen as a single entity: a “Black America” with unified interests and needs. In his groundbreaking book, Disintegration, Pulitzer-Prize winning columnist Eugene Robinson argues that over decades of desegregation, affirmative action, and immigration, the concept of Black America has shattered. Instead of one black America, now there are four:

• a Mainstream middle-class majority with a full ownership stake in American society;

• a large, Abandoned minority with less hope of escaping poverty and dysfunction than at any time since Reconstruction’s crushing end;

• a small Transcendent elite with such enormous wealth, power, and influence that even white folks have to genuflect;

• and two newly Emergent groups—individuals of mixed-race heritage and communities of recent black immigrants—that make us wonder what “black” is even supposed to mean.

sddefault.jpg
1101931118_400.jpg
Good point

HAL 9000

Liberty
Daps
Reppin
Utah
Last edited:

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
Millennial are helpless. Welcome to the new reality.

For black people, no generation learns from the mistakes of the previous. It's a destructive circle that will end us soon.

number21

Strive for rulership not equality, black man.
Daps
Reppin
North Miami
Nah man. They're just as bad like they always are. White people don't and can't change.