Will Smith on why you can't get away with making bad movies anymore, how viewers changed the system

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
he obv didnt learn shyt from www considering he has continued his trend of releasing shyt movies
He was one of the highest grossing actors for years. His latest pure shytpile, After Earth, was more nepotism and getting his son put on more than anything else. And I don't think anyone can really fault him for that. White people have been doing the same with their kids since the birth of contracts.

Like... do you really want to throw shots at Will Smith's resume of all things? You can but uhh..... well do you.:yeshrug:

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Right now their bank accounts are telling them the only thing they need to read is that paycheck.
And that's all it is about, it's not about the artistry anymore. Rock came from an acting background per say with wrestling, he has shown range but he isn't close to being a great/believable actor in my opinion. His acting in San Andreas was some of the worst acting I've seen but yet in today's Hollywood he is the top grossing leading man.

Same as Kev hart. He is type casted in every movie as the short obnoxious guy. But usually with black comedians in Hollywood they all go through their moments and right now kevin the hot guy by name alone.

It's more about the name being hot in other realms of entertainment which is why mediocre actors are some of the top grossers.

As far as will he has made his fair share of shytty movies but over 10 years ago he consciously made the decision the make the sci fi realm his main platform because he felt that would get the most money. He chased the money and now he regrets it because when you mention the best black actors his name doesn't come up anymore. It's usually denzel, sam Jackson, t.howard, whitikar, Cheadle(Very underrated), and foxx.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
He was one of the highest grossing actors for years. His latest pure shytpile, After Earth, was more nepotism and getting his son put on more than anything else. And I don't think anyone can really fault him for that. White people have been doing the same with their kids since the birth of contracts.

Like... do you really want to throw shots at Will Smith's resume of all things? You can but uhh..... well do you.:yeshrug:
I don't care about him making money or putting his annoying son in films, all I want is will Smith to do good movies because when he is in a good film there are very few actors I'd rather see.

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
i think he means more recently. he's talked in interviews before about how he reevaluated his career after his last attempts at blockbusters kinda flopped. i really liked focus. and i actually forgot about concussion. i may rebox it this wkend come to think of it.