Would BLACK schools do better if black teachers got....

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Why so?:feedme:

I hear you both on that and it would be ideal, but our communties aren't going to change their parental structure over night.:mjcry:

Even with two parents(rarity) in the hood where both of them are normally working 2 jobs just to stay afloat, there isnt any time to be more attentive in that scenario. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it would be for a single parent to do so.

Also, I worry that we are putting to much blame or responsibility on black families here, especially in comparison to white counterparts. Sounds a little like "bootstrap" talk. An engineering, medical, or upper mgmt white person often works 60+ hours just like the poor, but for higher wages. Their children excell because of high priced private schooling, not because of theoretical dinner table tutoring.:ld:

I've seen the same dynamic play out in black families as well. I have uncles in civilEng. and chemEng. who pull 60+ hr per week and come home to pass out on a couch. Same for numerous female nurses, pharmacists, and MDs in my extended family. Their children are universally placed in (usually white) private schools. My point is that the kids of these individuals often do well because of money, not because of checking hw at night.:yeshrug:

Rather than forcing a black parent to shuttle their kids into a white school or pay for private school, why not provide incentive for BLACK teachers to fill the gap?:jbhmm:

The genius is that the black community wouldn't have to finance this percentage tax on the front end.:manny:

In the past that was a valid argument.
But now the internet gives you access to anything you want to know and plenty of people that are willing to help you learn. The thing is kids just need a simple push.

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How about we focus on stopping all these babies out of wedlock. That would solve a lot of problems. That is something we could do immediately without legislation.

Preaching to young people aint gonna cut it, though. Thats a conversation worthy of its own thread.:whew:

I'd venture as far as saying that investing(with proposals like my own) in the education of the children already here and already born to single parents would curtail the development of future single mothers. There is a high correlation of education of mothers and children born out of wedlock.

"In 2016, 59 percent of births to white women who did not finish high school or obtain a GED occurred outside of marriage, which is almost nine times higher than the 7 percent of births to white women with at least a bachelor’s degree. The comparable gap is roughly 2.5 times for black women (82% compared to 33%) and roughly 3 times for Hispanic women (61% compared to 20%) " -vital statistics

Under my proposal, a child that does not finish school would be the equivalent of a teacher working for free. No teacher would do that.

To get a cut of a future mother's income, a teacher would desperately push a teen to graduate and become an lpn or something like that to maximize their own income.

This tiny push could be more than enough to prevent out of wedlock births in the next generation :ld:

Last edited:

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
Preaching to young people aint gonna cut it, though. Thats a conversation worthy of its own thread.:whew:

I'd venture as far as saying that investing(with proposals like my own) in the education of the children already here and already born to single parents would curtail the development of future single mothers. There is a high correlation of education of mothers and children born out of wedlock.

Under my proposal, a child that does not finish school would be the equivalent of a teacher working for free. No teacher would do that.

To get a cut of a future mother's income, a teacher would desperately push a teen to graduate and become an lpn or something like that to maximize their own income.

This tiny push could be more than enough to prevent out of wedlock births in the next generation :ld:

:francis:

Idk man, I know some girls that were in IB (international baccalaureate) with me that had babies in high school. The toughest program and they still got knocked up.it depends on the household and the upbringing. You can be really intelligent but if you dont have strong family values or support it makes it harder to stay focused.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Give teachers more incentives connected to the community the black school is serving, they'll probably teach for a little of nothing..

It would take group economics in that said community, but i believe it can be done..

Black teachers is more crucial now than ever before.. They already got us thinking we can do absolutely nothing without them. Just think what 15 years more of CAC teaching is going to do to the minds of black children?

Its really a problem approaching black people and we're sleep behind the wheel..

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@CopiousX Interesting thread idea.

I thought you would've said a much smaller # than 5%, that way it wouldn't just have to be a 1-time payment.

Furthermore, if the student has 7 teachers in highschool, he's not gonna break off a piece of his salary to each of them. There's gotta be a system in place for each student to select 1 teacher, but also to make it so that a monopoly doesn't happen and only a few teachers are eating (unless those few teachers take extra certifications to become one of these "Special Highly Skilled Super Teachers" whose teaching is so good that they can pretty much guarantee that they will create a highly skilled worker.

Great point by the way about the money that gets alotted to the pastor.

@surf Many parents don't want to deal with their children. I feel that's why so many were clamoring for school to open back up so that the teachers could get back to educating (babysitting) their kids.

*In general, teachers should get paid more.

*Next question is "Can the parents and the government agree on what teachers can and can't do to discipline unruly students?"

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
...and unfortunately parents have gotten worse over the years

I’ve seen many black and white parents who want NO responsibility for supplementing their child’s education at home

and think the responsibility lies solely with the teacher smh

Thats how it is with a lot more black parents as well.. Working parents with money too. We ain't talking that "poverty" shyt neither.. Parents making bread and not even taking part in their childs education.. This is a generation problem as well..

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Why not just pay the teachers better without taking earnings from the kids?
Because these communities lack money in the first place to pay proper wages. The tax base is tiny by default in most black communities. Except for a few teachers with a genuine calling, you cant hope to attract the best (or most motivated teachers) at 32k per year.

This would be a back-end way for motivating teachers to commit themselves 100% to making sure each kid graduates and does something profitable with their lives. Its like an investment broker or lawyer that works pro-bono and only gets paid when you do.:ohlawd:

Plus your children will already have a mandatory medicaid tax on their pay check that probably wont benefit them if they get their sht together. This proposal would tangibly benefit them over the course of their lives:ld: