Yo Gotti Reveals JAY-Z Inspired Him To Go Back To College To Grow His $100M Empire

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
U called dude a clown lol

Well, yeah, because he fell for the okie doke just to appear more successful than he really is.

Everybody can't be Hov, lol. Jay came up in the business during a time when it was making actual money. He wasn't moving off credit and loans. These dudes today will owe millions and have no viable way to pay it back, and still be talking boss sh*t. Hustling backwards. Paperwork looking all crazy. This is why Hip Hop artists always end up losing it all. Dudes are too focused on showing out and not having their sh*t actually be straight.

These 360 deals are scary as sh*t. But that's how desperate people are to look successful. It's wild.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Well, yeah, because he fell for the okie doke just to appear more successful than he really is.

Everybody can't be Hov, lol. Jay came up in the business during a time when it was making actual money. He wasn't moving off credit and loans. These dudes today will owe millions and have no viable way to pay it back, and still be talking boss sh*t. Hustling backwards. Paperwork looking all crazy. This is why Hip Hop artists always end up losing it all. Dudes are too focused on showing out and not having their sh*t actually be straight.

These 360 deals are scary as sh*t. But that's how desperate people are to look successful. It's wild.
How u do u know he in debt?

in 2024 whose bank account would rather have Dame or Gotti?

Last edited:

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Neither. Both are too much in debt.

:hubie:

The music business ain't no joke.

Universal told Erick Sermon that if he left the label, he couldn't call himself "Erick Sermon" anymore, lol. His actual name! They told the n*gga, "We own your name and likeness". So he had to come up with the "Erick Onasis" sh*t to drop another album and couldn't even put himself on the cover. UMG is wild.

I've seen contracts there where they got dudes signing for 12+ albums! All rights and publishing going to the label, and even if you get your face on a cereal box, they're taking that bread too, until you pay them back for the advance. Show business, bro.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego

You know more about the inside business than I do, even though I am a real fan of Gotti's music and his moves, I know the deal. It's right in front of everyone, when he talks about marketing. A lot of this is just marketing. A lot of these evaluations and Forbes and all that is just misleading at best and total bullshyt at worst. Talking about guys have hundreds of millions. I believe it with Jay and Beyonce.

They start getting all into the same kind of like 2008 pre Recession math, based on valuations, provided BY THE BUSINESS itself, with no oversight or confirmation. Where would all that money come from? Gotti never sold records. Even a wildly successful restaurant isn't pulling in millions, it's probably breaking even. None of those comps sold. Cashed out a house in the Hills, ok. Maybe owns a lot of property in Memphis.

How does 42 even make money off music? He's one of my favorite rappers. It's just shows. Same with Moneybagg Yo. I guess Gotti gets a cut off that, but some of that has to to the label to fund all this. Youngsta never made any money.

Last edited:

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
You know more about the inside business than I do, even though I am a real fan of Gotti's music and his moves, I know the deal. It's right in front of everyone, when he talks about marketing. A lot of this is just marketing. A lot of these evaluations and Forbes and all that is just misleading at best and total bullshyt at worst. Talking about guys have hundreds of millions. I believe it with Jay and Beyonce.

They start getting all into the same kind of like 2008 pre Recession math, based on evaluations, provided BY THE BUSINESS itself, with no oversight or confirmation. Where would all that money come from? Gotti never sold records. Even a wildly successful restaurant isn't pulling ion millions, it's probably breaking even. None of those comps sold.

How does 42 even make money off music? He's one of my favorite rappers. It's just shows. Same with Moneybagg Yo. I guess Gotti gets a cut off that, but some of that has to to the label to fund all this. Youngsta never made any money.

Marley Marl was just talking about this recently.

He said, "Rappers today rent the planes like we used to do, just to have some marketing for the lifestyle, and then the label charges you for all of it". Ludacris was on the Forbes list once and they had him as having mad millions. Then he got sued for child support, and they made him bring in all his financials, and dude couldn't even afford to make the payments until he got his check from the next Fast and Furious movie he was about to do.

Like you said, there are very few of these people who actually have the money they seem to have. Dre, Hov and Beyonce are examples. Puff is another example, but damn near all of his sh*t was stolen from his artists, lol. But a lot of these other big name artists don’t have it because the business is set up for them not to.

GloRilla said she didn't understand how she wasn't making any money off of "FNF", but at the same time, signed away her publishing and was on video not even reading her contract when she signed the sh*t. LOL!! It's wild.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Marley Marl was just talking about this recently.

He said, "Rappers today rent the planes like we used to do, just to have some marketing for the lifestyle, and then the label charges you for all of it". Ludacris was on the Forbes list once and they had him as having mad millions. Then he got sued for child support, and they made him bring in all his financials, and dude couldn't even afford to make the payments until he got his check from the next Fast and Furious movie he was about to do.

Like you said, there are very few of these people who actually have the money they seem to have. Dre, Hov and Beyonce are examples. Puff is another example, but damn near all of his sh*t was stolen from his artists, lol. But a lot of these other big name artists don’t have it because the business is set up for them not to.

GloRilla said she didn't understand how she wasn't making any money off of "FNF", but at the same time, signed away her publishing and was on video not even reading her contract when she signed the sh*t. LOL!! It's wild.

crazy they mention he has CMG, Prive, and a stake in a soccer team. And that's a 100 million? And Black Youngsta lol

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
crazy they mention he has CMG, Prive, and a stake in a soccer team. And that's a 100 million? And Black Youngsta lol
he also invested in faze clan

blac got successful singles and a successful joint album

gotti team make money

gotti got 3 gold albums and tons of Plat and gold singles

Last edited:

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC

Word! LOL!

I was reading it the other day cracking up. Forbes never knows what's really going on with these dudes. But the "worth" lists and all that are so popular for them. They need the celebs to get interest in the publication.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Not to mention all the accountants, managers, lawyers and record company executives who love to speak bullshyt to artists who know no better while robbing them blind. By going to college and learning yourself you are in turn making yourself A LOT of money. For every manager you don't have to pay to negotiate for you that's percentages of every dollar you earn that you are no longer paying out. Yes you can try to learn it yourself, but by going to college he gives himself a mentor as well that he can run his thoughts through when he doesn't fully understand something. That's a huge part of learning. When self-taught there is a big possibility of misinterpreting something that you are learning or misapplying what you've learned.

All of us ain't on that shyt. I teach financial literacy to everyone that is interested.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nothing against college at all. What I am against is public schools preparing students to go to college as if it is the only option for employment or creating the illusion that college will equal better pay. There are people who looked down and laughed at the people in shop class the same way they frowned on people who went to technical school. Some of those technical school and shop class people made more money and more importantly didn't have a loan to pay off once they completed their program. While the college student may have been writing papers, the tech student was doing work related to the program they were enrolled in.

With college, its easy to get caught up in the papers and the parties and miss the most important element the college life: networking. That part isn't taught in school, but goes a long way to being successful.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Depends on what he went to school to learn. If he went so he can learn how to be an exec, ownership, licensing, etc then fine :manny:

If all he does is go learn how to jerk artists like those who came before him then :hubie:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Yea you need college :heh:

‘Knowledge’ is like a vast ocean. The internet is like three oceans. College is a map. It’s a curated learning experience.From a trained professional. It has a curriculum. All of that has value. What that exact value is, is a separate conversation. But it has value

I hate nggas who be like ‘just teach yourself’. Ok ngga go learn how to make the atomic bomb you fukking genius. :mjtf: After all, the recipe is there just go learn it :beli:
hilarious