Yo Gotti Reveals JAY-Z Inspired Him To Go Back To College To Grow His $100M Empire

Braman

Superstar
Daps
You don't need to go to college to learn things. We live in a different world now. You can read books and learn on your own. There are also online resources to learn things.

College is about getting a stamp on a piece of paper to validate you in the job application process. Plenty of people learn skills and never step foot in college.

Yea you need college :heh:

‘Knowledge’ is like a vast ocean. The internet is like three oceans. College is a map. It’s a curated learning experience.From a trained professional. It has a curriculum. All of that has value. What that exact value is, is a separate conversation. But it has value

I hate nggas who be like ‘just teach yourself’. Ok ngga go learn how to make the atomic bomb you fukking genius. :mjtf: After all, the recipe is there just go learn it :beli:

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
This college propaganda sickens me. If I'm already a multimillionaire fukk college. The hell I look like going to a dream selling factory and I'm already rich. You don't need college to be successful and if you are already successful you don't need college.
Depends on the type of college, though.

For example, you definitely need seminary experience if you want to go into certain ministry careers and be taken seriously....especially here in the South, the Bible belt.

And by "taken seriously", I'm not talking about being a preacher, either.

Last edited:

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
I hate nggas who be like ‘just teach yourself’. Ok ngga go learn how to make the atomic bomb you fukking genius. :mjtf:
:heh:

Yeah, many people who denigrate college as being a meaningless experience are, in truth, simply masking the fact that they lack the mental fortitude to go. It takes a certain level of discipline to commit to school like that.

Not saying that applies to anyone who's posted in this thread, but in general....yeah.

Last edited:

SupaVillain

Keep your glory, gold and glitter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
THIS nikka SAID
sddefault.jpg

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
This is true, but you also have LEARN that part from someone, the idea of interpersonal relationships and how to cultivate them. That's a skill in itself. That can be sharpened, or developed, like other skills.

I had no idea how the "system" worked as a teenager. I had no idea about any of that. Eventually, I learned, but there's a price for learning too late. Like you are saying, you barely kind of got it at the last minute, but there is a probably an alternate version where you just missed it.
That's why I said in the first sentence that students need to be taught how to use college. I'm acknowledging that students aren't properly prepped before being sent to college. I actually had a minority studies class in my first semester with the professor teaching a lot of what I said but being at that age we don't be listening and think we know it all. That's why I think even before getting to college it needs to be pounded into people's heads from middle school on as well as discussing alternatives to college.

FlimFlam

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because it provides education...

We have warped it into an employment check point but learning your craft and expanding your brain is never a bad thing.

Grand post

From children to adults, if the purpose of "education " ( as its presented) is simply to access a reward ... and the promise of that reward has faded away, whats the damn point? From that narrow framework, the disregard is logical

If the concept of education (within and beyond schooling )was rooted in the pursuit of fulfillment and curiosity, just off gp alot of contemporary national issues wouldn't even be here... but this nation needs and induces mass dimwitted-ness to function as is ...whole nother convo

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
That's why I said in the first sentence that students need to be taught how to use college. I'm acknowledging that students aren't properly prepped before being sent to college. I actually had a minority studies class in my first semester with the professor teaching a lot of what I said but being at that age we don't be listening and think we know it all. That's why I think even before getting to college it needs to be pounded into people's heads from middle school on as well as discussing alternatives to college.

yeah, I phrased that sloppily, sounded like I was pointing out something was missed, instead of agreeing or adding on.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
yeah, I phrased that sloppily, sounded like I was pointing out something was missed, instead of agreeing or adding on.
Nah I got you. That's why I dapped you cause you were absolutely right about teaching students those interpersonal skills.

That's why I hate social media right now. Way too many people think it's cool to just be an a$$hole or interpersonal. The amount of people bragging how they don't talk to anybody in the workplace or blow people off and how they just want to go to work or school without being bothered. That sounds good but isn't life and will hold people back in the long run. Then they'll come back blaming racism or other shyt for why they aren't being promoted or aren't moving up in life.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Nah I got you. That's why I dapped you cause you were absolutely right about teaching students those interpersonal skills.

That's why I hate social media right now. Way too many people think it's cool to just be an a$$hole or interpersonal. The amount of people bragging how they don't talk to anybody in the workplace or blow people off and how they just want to go to work or school without being bothered. That sounds good but isn't life and will hold people back in the long run. Then they'll come back blaming racism or other shyt for why they aren't being promoted or aren't moving up in life.

wow, that's an excellent point. Social media probably almost entirely contributed to that kind of insular existence, or the idea that you could celebrate or proclaim your identity at the expense of recognizing or understanding others identities. Lots of social media posts and trends probably about "don't even talk to me if you sit next to me in class", "so awkward someone tried to talk to me" "we had like the same class and he tried to ask me a question...like I'm not texting".

Also, the nature of AirPods, phones themselves. I read a book that talked about AirPods affecting your ability to interact or connect with others, and cut that down. The author was a teacher and talked about how students before and after class are on their phones, but that is an effort to connect with people: without realizing they can connect with the people in front of them.

I am far from some kind of dancing extrovert, but I have studied and practiced and learned my social skills, sometimes on some Talented Mr. Ripley type of shyt, to where I can interact with people a lot more confidently, and across social classes with ease, which is one of the least understood aspects of upper class teachings.

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
College was great.
I learned a gang of shyt and it increased my salary by $25k :pachaha:

I got no complaints about my education.
And I'm still able to pay down my education, invest regularly and my networth is >$150k.

Education is worth it.
I disagree heavily with anyone who says college is bullshyt.
It changed my fukking life.

same for me.