Yo Gotti Reveals JAY-Z Inspired Him To Go Back To College To Grow His $100M Empire

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
wow, that's an excellent point. Social media probably almost entirely contributed to that kind of insular existence, or the idea that you could celebrate or proclaim your identity at the expense of recognizing or understanding others identities. Lots of social media posts and trends probably about "don't even talk to me if you sit next to me in class", "so awkward someone tried to talk to me" "we had like the same class and he tried to ask me a question...like I'm not texting".

Also, the nature of AirPods, phones themselves. I read a book that talked about AirPods affecting your ability to interact or connect with others, and cut that down. The author was a teacher and talked about how students before and after class are on their phones, but that is an effort to connect with people: without realizing they can connect with the people in front of them.

I am far from some kind of dancing extrovert, but I have studied and practiced and learned my social skills, sometimes on some Talented Mr. Ripley type of shyt, to where I can interact with people a lot more confidently, and across social classes with ease, which is one of the least understood aspects of upper class teachings.
I was that awkward ass introvert. It took me traveling to customer locations with my job that took me out of it. I got negative reviews saying that I was awkward and not talking at all. I wasn't trying to fukk my money up so learned to turn on the personality when needed which then carried over into my personal life. That skill ended up taking me far in my career.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's why I said in the first sentence that students need to be taught how to use college. I'm acknowledging that students aren't properly prepped before being sent to college. I actually had a minority studies class in my first semester with the professor teaching a lot of what I said but being at that age we don't be listening and think we know it all. That's why I think even before getting to college it needs to be pounded into people's heads from middle school on as well as discussing alternatives to college.
Agreed.

And I think children need to see what college means by the numbers.
Like what it can actually translate too.
What doing good in school means in $ should help (young) people understand.

You can legit see the premium attached to prestige + network just by doing a Google search.

It took me seven years to get where I'm at ( ~92k to >100k ) in a given year. There are 22 year Olds, STARTING where I currently top out at and that premium will carry them through their entire lives. By their 30s, making $150k to $180k a year in white collar work is not unheard of.

And these people aren't dumb, many will turn those six figure salaries into a million a more by their mid 30s simply through investing.

There are few things in this country you can invest in and get a return like that.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yea you need college :heh:

‘Knowledge’ is like a vast ocean. The internet is like three oceans. College is a map. It’s a curated learning experience.From a trained professional. It has a curriculum. All of that has value. What that exact value is, is a separate conversation. But it has value

I hate nggas who be like ‘just teach yourself’. Ok ngga go learn how to make the atomic bomb you fukking genius. :mjtf: After all, the recipe is there just go learn it :beli:
There are people that can code and or manage networks and never stepped foot in college. Got in the door doing help desk and worked their way up to network admins getting certs.

Some jobs are about what you can actually do and the experience you have doing it. If you can get an interview and demonstrate that college doesn't come into play.

The reality is there are plenty of people go to college and it doesn't really benefit them in the long term. Some of these people never land a job in the field they studied, life happened and dragged them away. College in the public space is always painted in this unquestionable light of it always being a positive. There's always going to be people like you that talk it up and don't really say the issues with it.

And no it's not just about teaching yourself. There are multiple ways to learn.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Gotti's obsessed with Hov.

But dude lies and fronts too much to even attempt to come close to what Jay's been able to do in business. He's still stuck in that CEO fantasy. Taking out all those loans from the majors doesn't equate to an "empire". Dude is a clown.

kt773

All Star
Daps
Reppin
chi town southside wild 100's
You don't need to go to college to learn things. We live in a different world now. You can read books and learn on your own. There are also online resources to learn things.

College is about getting a stamp on a piece of paper to validate you in the job application process. Plenty of people learn skills and never step foot in college.
Shut yo dumb ass up :pachaha:

Oldschooler

All Star
Daps

But dude lies and fronts too much to even attempt to come close to what Jay's been able to do in business. He's still stuck in that CEO fantasy. Taking out all those loans from the majors doesn't equate to an "empire". Dude is a clown.
What loans did he take breh

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO

Goti making dope moves breh. U been on edge lately lol

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Goti making dope moves breh. U been on edge lately lol

How so? This is just common knowledge. No edge, fam, lol.

The same way GloRilla signed without reading her deal, is the way you're not reading what's going on with it. Don’t fall for the smoke and mirrors, my guy.

:lolbron:

Awesome Wells

Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
What loans did he take breh

CMG's deal with Universal.

Whole deal is built on impossible ways to recoup it. Which is what these labels are doing now. Bro signed a label deal with them that he would only be able to recoup if he did like double Michael Jackson numbers or some sh*t. They gave GloRilla like $500,000 cash to sign and a bunch of jewelry, but took all the publishing and rights to the label's music. So all the acts on there have to work out of the red before they can even sit on their own bread. They also have clauses in their deals that state they only use lawyers employed by the label and can't get outside representation. Which is always a sign that you're being robbed by a label.

So when GloRilla had "FNF" out and wasn't getting paid for it, it was because she had signed over her rights and publishing, so the bread was going right back to Universal to cover for the loan that CMG picked up. Thing is, she didn't own the song outright, so that's why she was being sued for what was going on. Artists are being robbed crazily these days, and the majors are funding these boutique labels on loans they know can never be paid back because the companies aren't making the kinda money they used to in the 90's. So they have to find new ways to jerk artists.