You Can Find Me Indy Club Shay Shay | 2024 NBA All Star Weekend Thread | Feb. 16-18

What is your favorite event at All Star Weekend?

• Celebrity All Star Game

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Rising Stars

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Skills Challenge

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • 3-Point Shootout

Votes: 55 64.7%
  • Dunk Contest

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • All Star Game

Votes: 17 20.0%
  • Bring back "Shooting Stars"

Votes: 10 11.8%

• Total voters

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
NBA would have to give a super incentive on some ASG MVP gets an extra game of rest. The last 2 years the game was in Utah and Indiana players dont wanna be there. Next year in Bay Area do Steph will put on a show. Year after is in LA.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Was watching Tim Legler podcast and his guest was saying that he played basketball against his son and was going hard and busting his ass and his son called him a “try hard”. I was like damn that was illuminating and made sense as to not only the mentality of a lot of these players but also cats on here who defend this shyt. I don’t get how you can defend this but apparently these new dudes are all about swag and getting the bag and hesi pull ups and fukk HEART. So if that’s the case embrace it and don’t whine about “old heads” complaining about lack of effort.
I was watching the 1987 NBA All Star game

It was high scoring but the game had dudes crashing the boards, picking up on defense, with some flash and showtime here and there.

Moses Malone had a tip in after a Hakeem block on Isiah led to a McHale miss

Then the West won in OT

Compelling game. No one got hurt.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Only TWO players from the had more 2PA than 3PA. The West had 4 players with more 2PA than 3PA. That’s embarrassing. Only 3 of Dame’s 26 FGAs weren’t 3s. Only one of Tyrese Haliburton’s 15 shots wasn’t a 3, and Donovan Mitchell is a dunker but in this game, he was 3-9…all 3PAs.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Was watching Tim Legler podcast and his guest was saying that he played basketball against his son and was going hard and busting his ass and his son called him a “try hard”. I was like damn that was illuminating and made sense as to not only the mentality of a lot of these players but also cats on here who defend this shyt. I don’t get how you can defend this but apparently these new dudes are all about swag and getting the bag and hesi pull ups and fukk HEART. So if that’s the case embrace it and don’t whine about “old heads” complaining about lack of effort.
We're entering the soft era in sports. Dudes are going to start missing games because someone made them feel bad on Twitter.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Unless Dillon Brooks is voted in this will never happen

Agenda Activated

patrick-scheming.gif

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Damn Dr. J and Bird couldn't get through to them.

Cancel the whole All Star Weekend. If losing the 74th All Star Game along with bonuses because there's no all stars doesn't get through to the players nothing will.

Hold the in season tournament during the all star break or turn the week off into a weekend off

Edit: and take Kobe's name off the trophy. No need to disrespect his memory with the effort shown by the players. Put his name back on it when they give a fukk about the game

steph_harden

Superstar
Daps
Kobe for sure, but tbf Wade was right there with LeBron pioneering the ish that was on display last night. Prior to banana-boat gang taking the reigns as the premiere stars, it was semi-competitive thru 3 quarters before getting intense in the 4th, but there was a shift in the late-00s/early10s where it was more clear the runway and have everyone take turns doing whatever.

I actually give young KD some credit because he was at least trying to go 1v1s with LeBron like old Kobe was, but Bron wasn't having it. Then the 3pt era kicked off, and we got the final form we see today. What sorta worked at the time, even if briefly, was 2020's target score format. The concept of it mitigates the incentive to horseshyt around indefinitely since there's only so many scoring possessions you get. And as a hooper, it brings about a bit more focus compared to a running clock.

2020 was probably the best/most intense all star game we had in over a decade. In real time the coli was super hyped. But all that momentum has long since grinded to a halt.

:patrice:

Craziest shyt to ever happen at an allstar game