You're an NFL GM on the Clock. Would you risk it all on Tua?

Would You risk it all on Tua?

• Total voters

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
You are an NFL General manager and your job depends on this draft. Are you mortgaging the future on Tua? Or is Tua too much of an injury risk to bet the future on? You would either have to trade up in the first round to get him, or draft him within the top 5 picks. The risk here is that another team could trade up, that was initially behind you.

If you take the Gamble and Tua flops, you're out
If you don't take the gamble and Tua is Patrick Mahomes esque, you're out.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
He’s worth the gamble if you give him a redshirt year. You’d need a bridge starter and a competent backup so there’s no rush or urgency to bring him into the field.

It’s the exact reason why Miami and only Miami is the ideal scenario for him. Other teams ahead of them know that which is why they are putting out false rumors to get them to move up.

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
He’s worth the gamble if you give him a redshirt year. You’d need a bridge starter and a competent backup so there’s no rush or urgency to bring him into the field.

It’s the exact reason why Miami and only Miami is the ideal scenario for him. Other teams ahead of them know that which is why they are putting out false rumors to get them to move up.
Imagine Tua in Dallas someway somehow lol

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Well in that situation I guess it would be a "no" but imagine you had the ability to get him in the first round. but you either had to trade up to get him, or you have a top 5 pick.

Theoretically, Miami necessarily doesn’t have to move up from 5 to get him as I don’t see any other team jumping them to get him based on the injury.

Some people forget that he’s had two ankle surgeries on top of the hip injury in the past 2 seasons.

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Theoretically, Miami necessarily doesn’t have to move up from 5 to get him as I don’t see any other team jumping them to get him based on the injury.
Meanwhile they are saying they may give up 2-3 round picks just to go up 3 spots, but if I'm going to do that I may go and just get Joe Burrow. by forfeiting all of my first round picks to Cinci

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Even if you weren’t, putting him in Washington would put immense pressure on them to play him sometime this year the moment that the team and/or Haskins struggles.
They went and gave up a 5th rounder for Kyle Allen. Even if Haskins struggles they can go that route for a while. They also suprisingly haven't given up on Alex Smith, who they expect for him to make a recovery and come back.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Unbiasedly....yep taking him. He's a supreme QB talent and the best one in the draft. Dude can make all the throws, was athletic in the pocket, his biggest fault is he's greedy and he'll predetermine throws ahead of the snap.
I think the injury might make him chill on his greed cause thats the reason he got injured in the 1st place. And predetermined reads is something that can be coached too.
But I've watched him for 3 years, he's the real deal, not many weaknesses in his game.

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Unbiasedly....yep taking him. He's a supreme QB talent and the best one in the draft. Dude can make all the throws, was athletic in the pocket, his biggest fault is he's greedy and he'll predetermine throws ahead of the snap.
I think the injury might make him chill on his greed cause thats the reason he got injured in the 1st place. And predetermined reads is something that can be coached too.
But I've watched him for 3 years, he's the real deal, not many weaknesses in his game.
Farve was greedy and risky, but Green Bay still got one Superbowl from him. I think Tua has a great chance of success if he can sit a year. The problem is the team that takes him has to resist the urge to play him now.