[01/01] AEW Dynamite: New Year's homecoming

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
I see we're in the minority of posters who ain't buying the MJF hype. Dude is mad underwhelming in the ring and his promos are already getting repetitive. I really ain't looking forward to a Cody/MJF match. Cody is gonna have to carry him.

I went in w an open mind and all i kept hearing was "best heel in the biz :ohlawd: " all i seen is some okay promos calling fat people fat and telling nerds they are nerds :francis: he aint even the top heel in mlw they have a crew over there that almost started a riot :mjlol: thats heat to me.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Yeah I’m not seeing it with MJF either honestly. He’s got the tools to get where people act like he already is ONE DAY, but right now he’s rough around the edges and overhyped. But like I said last night I think neckbeards have a soft spot (pause :dame:) for frat boy heels so :manny:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They need to give Darby a win over somebody that matters soon, can't just keep having him lose everytime he has a match that seems at all important. Will be a big improvement if he just doesn't vanish for a few weeks after this match though which is the other running pattern for Darby.

Agreed. I was hoping they would've let him beat Moxley, since realistically speaking, he could eat a loss and be just fine.

I think the people disappearing thing is a product of them letting their roster take outside bookings. They're trying to keep their roster happy since they don't do house shows, and also keep good relationships with other promotions by forcing as few cancellations as possible.

What's going to be interesting is how they manage WrestleMania week. They've said they don't want to run a show in the same city during that week, but like 75% of their talent eats off of wrestling a metric fukkton of matches during WM week.

.........watch the solution be something like them just cosigning the Spring Break show or something. :mjlol:

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Arn with Cody is stupid.

Arn has a blood feud with the entire Rhodes family, through generations. So either he never turns on Cody and Cody breaks 35 years of continuity with his family while always talking up his dad's legacy, or Arn turns and Cody has booked himself to be the dumbest mother fukker in the company.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
I'm glad I'm not the only one not impressed by MJF. He's not horrible. He plays his ONE NOTE character well. But he's not reinventing the wheel. Undashing Cody Rhodes >>>>>> Generic Heel Archetype MJF.

MJF has very quickly been exposed as a 1980s heel parody. He is what a heel wrestler on a sitcom would be portrayed as. Dude cuts the same promo every fukking time, and he never wrestles, which he's average at best at.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Neg pending

full

@krackdagawd

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Man Kenny Omega is so dumb. We coulda got him in NXT vs Adam Cole, Gargano, Ciampa, Finn Balor

And Main Roster vs Aj Styles.

But no, we got him facing the lucha bros for the 100th time in the last 4 months :smh:

Kenny would be in a 3 month feud with Corbin right now, with dope head Bruce having Corbin throw comic books at him