[1/24/16] The Official Royal Rumble 2016 Thread Live from Orlando, WWE Title defended in the Rumble!

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
This was a good PPV which is way above expectations going in.

Owens/Ambrose was lit... it did feel a bit wrong not seeing one of them get busted open but they constructed some big PG bumps and effective spots. Surprised Owens took that double table ending. :whoo:Solid B+

Tag title match was great, despite the Boosos being the least charismatic naturally charismatic team ever. Once the Haka's over they're just big dikkheads that move around the ring like it's a trampoline. New Day are the fukking second coming. :blessed:Maybe the first coming.:blessed: They should keep them together as a faction even if the tag angles dry up and they all go solo. Francesca is dead. Long live Francesca II. Another solid B+

Del Rio Vs Kalisto was good to watch but never made me actually care. C-:manny:

Women's Title match was MOTN... I don't fully get the Charlotte hate tbh, she's a natural heel and even the smarks hate her guts. They're doing exactly the right thing playing to the Daddy angle, it's ready made heat and she has the wrestling chops to be there. Becky needs a title. :to:She missed out in NXT and she is EASILY on a par with the other horsewomen, but I guess it's Sasha's turn first. Interesting to see if Becky gets another look in before Bayley arrives...:mjcry:

Quality storytelling inventive but not entirely successful ending followed by MEGAPOP for Sasha. :whew:Quality television. A-

Rumble was one of the better ones. After watching Resurrection I was praying to hear Jake's music but Styles will do. Not really seen many of his matches but the pop and theme alone got me marking out... definitely a well crafted moment. Ending was eh, but I honestly thought Roman was going to win by eliminating Trips, so at least they swerved me a bit... was honestly believing in the Ambrose heel turn. Best they could've done after painting themselves into a corner. B.

Overall B. Surprisingly good.:leon:

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Also, Owens eliminating Styles was PERFECT booking. Styles couldn't just go out randomly so they booked him against the only guy who can legit heat up marks and smarks alike and can brag about dumping out the Internet darling for months.

Owens is a fukking purebred heel. He lives that shyt.:ohlawd:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Also, Owens eliminating Styles was PERFECT booking. Styles couldn't just go out randomly so they booked him against the only guy who can legit heat up marks and smarks alike and can brag about dumping out the Internet darling for months.

Owens is a fukking purebred heel. He lives that shyt.:ohlawd:

Yeah, and you can tell that's why Vince and Dunn stopped shytting on him, because Owens is exactly the kind of guy they needed in this "smarks want to ru(i)n the biz" era to put them in a stranglehold.

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just finished the whole thing. Very good show, IMO.

New Day were killing it with their pre-match antics. :laugh:

Sasha is so unbelievably fine :whoo:

Daps
If anyone cares, here is a cleaned up version of the "Royal Rumble Entry Game" we had two winners and they are highlighted in yellow
iThauOu.jpg

CBSkyline

Chill
Daps
I wasn't feeling the ending at first, but all things consider this is probably the best the WWE could do at the moment. As sad as that is :francis: