SMILES & CRIES
mmIVuSk.png

Last edited:

Bomberman

Like a C4.
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It's like you could literally feel the betrayal Roger must have felt when he sees Alonzo with the cops.

I don't have a problem with Denzel's characters dropping any other characters in any of his movies, but that Roger one did sting. Now Roger wasn't a good guy by any means, but you could tell he trusted Alonzo. Alonzo was just cold.

Last edited:

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Here is another thing I caught last night when I watched the movie. After they killed Roger you see Alonzo walking back to the car and get on his phone while Hoyt was standing by the car having that :dahell: look on his face. If you listen closely to Alonzo's conversation on the phone he says something to the effect of "You want that payment right?" and then when u see him in the car before he bangs on the roof telling Hoyt to get in he says, "Just make sure that bathtub is clean" while giving Hoyt that :youngsabo:

Fast forward to Smiley's house you see that Smiley gets money from the blender and Alonzo leaves Hoyt with the mexicans. When they dragged him to the bathroom they put him in a BATHTUB!

When I saw that I went :damn:

And this was after Hoyt and Alonzo had that "heart to heart" convo in the car and Zo STILL sent him to get murked.

That's one EEEVIL vato :demonic:

But I like that...:myman:

If you really watch that movie again..it has so much depth to it it's not even funny :ohlawd:

i've caught that a few times when watching it. i think after Alonzo saw that Jake wasn't gonna take the money and wasn't down with killing Roger he decided to kill him. he could have always called it off if something changed but he had it set up anyway.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's like you could literally feel the betrayal Roger must have felt when he sees Alonzo with the cops.

I don't have a problem with Denzel's characters dropping any other characters in any of his movies, but that Roger one did sting. Now Roger wasn't a good guy by any means, but you could tell he trusted Alonzo. Alonzo was just cold.

the look on his face when he entered the room said it all, even talking to each other Roger wasn't as excited as earlier. Then once that trigger was pulled he still had the face of not even being scared of dying just confused a "friend" would do that

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I remember seeing Training Day in the $3 bin at Walmart and thinking ":what: Why the fukk is this movie in the $3 bin....wait....:ohhh: why am I complaining about this?"

Bought it. :myman:

Love that movie. Yall are making me want to go watch it right now. :wow: That'd be the second time this week TheColi has influenced my movie watching habits (the first time it was No Country for Old Men).

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
The adlibbed King-Kong line was enough for the GAWD to finally get his Oscars just-dues:myman:

He won Supporting Actor for Glory....and should've won for Malcolm X....and The Hurricane. Damn, now that I think about it, Denzel is one of the few actors who should've won 4 out of the 6 times he's been nominated. :wow:

Wonder how hard it was to shoot in "The Jungles". Heard that area was a no-go without permission. If I'm not mistaken Flaka had to get permission to shoot in there. Somebody drop some info.....

Cle Shaheed Sloan (who played Bone) is a former LA Blood member. The director said he made a couple of calls and got the okay. I'm sure knowing Denzel was on board was a plus too.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

He did a good thing killing roger. Jake was the real villain of the movie

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its crazy that it seems like this movie was practice for Ethan Hawke in the future because in Brooklyns Finest, his character was pretty much Alonzo

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Now i gotta pop it in again...cuz im trying to remember if jake did or said anything after alonzos crew killed ol boy for the money:patrice:....cuz im sitting here thinkin,did alonzo want to really keep jake on board?i remember him giving a speech to dr dre and them saying jake was his guy.

But was he basically in agreeance with them at that moment that jake needed to die too?and he only didnt do it bcuz there wasnt enuff time ?or it was too risky that jake might shoot him first.

Just wondering at what moment he actually decided it was a wrap for Jake...if he was deciding jake needed to die at the same time he was telling his own crew jake was his guy and was gonna live....cold shyt:myman:
it wasnt one thing
it was a combination of things that happened throughout the day
him not taking the money was the last straw