10 Things You Didn't Know About 'Training Day'

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Simple
Show Jake as a veteran Detective as he struggles to continue to do the right thing
he has allies and he has enemies...enemies withing the LAPD who are also trying to
conspire against him ...

There is plenty of material to build from imo
:yeshrug:

This could work :ehh: but would the title be called "Training Day 2"? cause it would be weird.

To me, I totally would believe that would be a major disappointment sequel if they tried that.....I'd rather to leave it alone.

RAX 010

Cold Blooded
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
This could work :ehh: but would the title be called "Training Day 2"? cause it would be weird.

To me, I totally would believe that would be a major disappointment sequel if they tried that.....I'd rather to leave it alone.

I see what you saying
Another TD would only serve to tarnish the legacy of this classic

Perhaps
:ehh:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
"Roger sold dope to kids, the world is a better place without him. This man was the biggest civic rights violator. I watched that cocksucker operate with impunity for over 10 years and now i got him. This shyt is chess it aint checkers"

Love that scene, and the quote, it's so clear that Alonzo is just gaming Hoyt though, as an upper level distributor Roger wouldn't be selling to kids at all…Roger was likely an informant, and just got his card pulled when Alonzo needed it, Roger was cold, Alonzo was just reptilian with his callousness, thats how the streets are sometimes….he was giving Hoyt the hard sell, to salvage the whole thing.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see what you saying
Another TD would only serve to tarnish the legacy of this classic

Perhaps
:ehh:

If they did that and I bet you that you would have high expectations a sequel to be on the same level as Training Day but I don't see it.....because everything in Training Day is perfect, characters, great scenes, especially Denzel delivered on this movie shyt was so :wow:. Ethan Hawke was the perfect for this character and he nailed it like his life depends on it because Denzel brings the best out of him.

Two things....what I believe.

I believe Ethan Hawke would turn it down if they offered him for a sequel, it wouldn't the same without Denzel and that movie was a classic and he wants keep that way and it was his best performance in Training Day along with the greatest actor. He was honored by that shyt.....that shyt is like a trophy to him

2, If he did accept that and I bet he would careless and wouldn't put his best performance, just take the money and move on....ruin the vibe.

RAX 010

Cold Blooded
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
If they did that and I bet you that you would have high expectations a sequel to be on the same level as Training Day but I don't see it.....because everything in Training Day is perfect, characters, great scenes, especially Denzel delivered on this movie shyt was so :wow:. Ethan Hawke was the perfect for this character and he nailed it like his life depends on it because Denzel brings the best out of him.

Two things....what I believe.

I believe Ethan Hawke would turn it down if they offered him for a sequel, it wouldn't the same without Denzel and that movie was a classic and he wants keep that way and it was his best performance in Training Day along with the greatest actor. He was honored by that shyt.....that shyt is like a trophy to him

2, If he did accept that and I bet he would careless and wouldn't put his best performance, just take the money and move on....ruin the vibe.

Valid point my brehthren

from this point onward we shall banish any such notion of a sequel
all in favor say I.....

the eyes have it
:myman:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Jake dont need his own damn movie stop it. The way he walkd away from them gangsters with the Zoolander lips almost made me walk out the theatre. I never want to see that fukking faggit snitch jake again.

Medulla Oblongata

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Denzel's plan was flawed. "How," you ask?
Would Alonso and his crew even get away with their actions?

See, on paper, their "official" mission is to thoroughly search Roger's home, tearing up the floors if need be, and possibly arrest Roger. That's what they have the warrant for, and it's why they have pickaxes, shovels and a chainsaw. And remember, they didn't secretly buy those tools from the Home Depot or something. Alonso had his boys specifically sign them out from the police department. So between the warrant and the signing out of the tools, there is a paper trail that says Alonso and his crew intended to tear Roger's house apart in search of something (drugs, money, weapons, whatever)

Now the "official" mission would've gone out the window the moment (according to their made up story) Roger opened fire on the cop and Jake killed Roger. Now it has escalated to an attempted cop killing and a police shooting. Within minutes of Alonso's team calling in the shooting, the place is crawling with cops, investigators and whatnot.

And these investigators are going to find a gaping hole in Roger's kitchen floor, quite possibly with the police shovels and picks right there.

So this means that in the minutes after a cop was shot and left bleeding and needing medical attention, Alonso's crew went back to the original mission and excavated an entire kitchen floor, finding nothing in the process (since we know they didn't turn in the money), instead of tending to the murder scene.

What investigator/internal affairs officer is not going to see through this?

Now Alonso & Co. could say that the hole was there when they arrived, but who's going to believe that when they made it known that they were going to the house to dig that hole in hopes of finding money?

Basically, in an attempt to make everything seem by the book, they created a story you'd have to be stupid to believe.

:sas2:

Last edited:

Medulla Oblongata

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
what yall think of the alternate ending?
There's a theory that Jake was Internal Affairs. Iirc, the alternate ending supports this theory more because the Three Wise Men sent Hoyt in to bring down Alonzo.

Jake or Jakes = slang for Police.

Jake's last name, Hoyt, is an acronym for Hot On Your Trail.

Therefore Jake Hoyt's name really stands for Police hot on your trail, Alonzo.

The scene where Alonzo shoots Roger, Dr. Dre's character, Paul, says that Jake is Internal Affairs.

Jake is indeed Internal Affairs acting on orders to get enough evidence to convict Alonzo and the "Three Wise Men", as well as, the rest of the crooked LAPD cops.

The reason why Jake doesn't hand Alonzo over to the IA or FBI is because of what Alonzo has put Jake through.

After the incident at "Smiley's pad", Jake doesn't give a fuсk. He himself becomes "crooked" knowing damn well Russians will kill Alonzo if he doesn't deliver the million by midnight.

Hoyt does almost everything opposite of what Alonzo tells him which saves his life in the end.

1. Alonzo tells Hoyt to NEVER get involved with petty crimes, but yet he saves a girl from getting raped while dusted and in the end, that saves his life.

2. Alonzo tells Hoyt to never wear his ring to work or mention his family, yet Alonzo himself says that he's married with 5 kids (boys) and takes Hoyt to the home of the girl he's banging on the side, played by the beautiful, young, and naked Eva Mendez and even has Hoyt get acquainted with his son, which in the end helps him get Alonzo.

Also, Hoyt screams "I have a daughter" as Smiley and his boys are about to kill him in that bathtub which may have changed Smiley's mind. Obviously Hoyt saved his nieces life. Otherwise she would have gotten repeatedly raped and murdered

3. And lastly, Alonzo tells Hoyt to never go into the "Jungles" by himself (meaning without Alonzo). Not only does Jake go into the "Jungles", but he's going in with vengeance. He has that "I don't give a fuсk, I'm here for Alonzo, I could give two shіts about your threats" attitude.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next time you watch Training Day, look at Jake Hoyt as an Internal Affairs officer instead of a rookie narc. His assignment is to catch Alonzo, and any other crooked Cops.

A week before the events of "Training Day"[/b], Alonzo goes to Vegas. He runs into a Russian who starts talking shіt and Alonzo beats him to death.

Alonzo didn't know that the Russian was part of the Russian Mob, and as Smiley later said "it turns out, that Russian was a somebody..."

The plot with the Russian is an integral part of the plot, but really, it has a little to do with the whole picture.

Yes, Alonzo needs to get $1 million.

Yes, he knows that on the day on which "Training Day" takes place, he's going to get a "daisy-fresh rookie" and he's going to use him for his own personal gain.

IA knows that there are corrupt LAPD officers. Their primary target is Alonzo. They know Alonzo is a corrupt cop, who corrupts other cops.

They know that he deals with Bloods, Mexican gangs, major drug players, and other street scum from whom he can solicit information for his own personal gain.

Roger was Alonzo's "account". He was one of many "accounts" these cops have, as is implied in the movie during the restaurant scene with the Three Wise Men; "It's an easy fix. I'll just cash in on an account...One of my old ones, my first one".

Alonzo knew Roger had $4 million stashed and that he was leaving the country in a year. He had to cash in on that account. Roger thought that he was in bed with the Police and that he was the one playing Alonzo. Roger must have never listened to Smiley. Smiley, and Bones were the smart ones.

Smiley; "That's why I never shake his hand, homes, He don't respect nada."

Bones; "I'm sick of it, I can't stand him!"

Regardless of what you think. This thread isn't a debate whether Jake Hoyt is Internal Affairs. That's just my theory.

Watch "Training Day" from that perspective; Jake Hoyt is Internal Affairs, or FBI or god knows what. Watch that movie from that perceptive and a lot of details will come to light.

Look at Alonzo's face when Roger says that Jake played for North Hollywood High as a "Strong Safety". That word, Strong Safety, puts doubt in Alonzo. You can see it in his face.

After Alonzo shoots Roger. Cops, medics, etc show up on the scene. While Jake is standing there with that look on his face, Alonzo is talking to Smiley and tell him to make sure "the bathtub is clean..."

After Jake gets in the car with him, they have the following exchange, and this is where at lot is revealed through Alonzo's own words.

In reality, Jake is the one who is playing Alonzo. It is Jake's assignment to play Alonzo. It was Jake's job to act like he's a "daisy-fresh rookie".

At the beginning of the movie, when they're riding in the car; Alonzo asks Jake a bunch of questions about why he wants to be a narc. Jake gives him the standard Police Academy answers about why he wants to be a narc and Alonzo tells him to "unlearn that academy shіt"

Then Jake says this powerful line "I'll do anything you want me to do."

That's Jake playing Alonzo.

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
1 of The Most Dangerously Connected and Grittiest Crooked Cops to ever be portrayed on Film.:dwhillhuh:

Those Russians gave him a Deadline that he had no choice but to make. Justice from a Good Cop made that attempt of Alonzo's so Impossible that it costed him his own Life.

The manipulation and calculation that Detective Harris used to do what he wanted. :wow: He had a Team of 4 Crooked Cops that all wanted to make Detective and Alonzo was the 1 that could make it happen which also made him The Man in The Position of Power.:whew: Jake saw what was Wrong and was too good of a Cop to let it go any further.:wow:

I remember seeing this Movie for the 1st Time and just Loving the overall Story. Yeah sure there was Denzel, Snoop and Dr. Dre in the Movie and marketing had Nelly with a Hit Single for the Movie but it really didn't even need all that Hype because the Tale that was told was oh so great and Solid.

DAP + REP + :salute: for The OP Deadpool here.