10 Things You Didn't Know About 'Training Day'

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
one of the things I like most about the ending battle was how cooperative Alonzo's son was with Jake, because those couple of hours he spends watching tv and interacting with him built trust that he never had with Alonzo

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing about the alt ending is the 3 wise men show up to Jakes house to try and get that million for themselves but Jake already turned it into evidence

I didn't know that there is alternate ending for that? link for video?

Edited: I saw the alternate ending on my dvds.

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
yeah exactly my take,I do believe Alonzo did plan to recruit Hoyt and take him up under his wing....the scene with Rodger was his initiation....the PCP he made him smoke was just plan B to threaten Hoyt and make him get on board maybe....but then after this scene I think Alonzo knew

Jake couldn't be bought:wow:...said he would go back to cutting parking tickets and fukk a career...Denzel tried to offer him cash and he says fukk the cash:wow:....Denzel tries to use peer pressure and tells him "the guys would feel better and like your part of the team" and Jake says fukk they feelings:wow:

A man who cares about doing whats right regardless of his career,money and doesn't care about being the lonewolf or outcast is a danger to what they do.

Even lowkey Alonzo was actually playing the game,even though his character was over the top in the movie the way he handled Roger is real life standard procedure......they let drug dealers run wild and even give them assistance in staying free til the higher up make the call to pull the trigger...Jake thinking ROdger was alonzos "friend" tells you right there Jake wouldn't have been able to handle the job and its not at all like he thought it was and how its publicized in the movies where the cops are the clearcut "good guys"

That is why many great leaders get merked. When a person remains true to his principles, he cannot be stopped. Zo knew he had to die because he was a threat to everything he ever done.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
It looks dope but I actually am a bit worried its gonna recieve the full end of a Nolan backlash that's been brewin for a couple of years now since TDKR :mjcry:

I even see cats talk wreckless about Inception too now :sadbron:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It looks dope but I actually am a bit worried its gonna recieve the full end of a Nolan backlash that's been brewin for a couple of years now since TDKR :mjcry:

I even see cats talk wreckless about Inception too now :sadbron:

If Training Day was going to get any backlash it would've happened already. The flick is 13 years old. And I like Inception but it's not perfect by any means and definitely has some issues. And I know not everyone I know liked it when it came out and even several critics had/have issues with it so it's not out of the realm of possibility that people would have issues with it as time goes on.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
If Training Day was going to get any backlash it would've happened already. The flick is 13 years old. And I like Inception but it's not perfect by any means and definitely has some issues. And I know not everyone I know liked it when it came out and even several critics had/have issues with it so it's not out of the realm of possibility that people would have issues with it as time goes on.

Breh my bad, I thought I clicked onto the thread about Interstellar and then just starting posting what I wrote, didnt mean any of that to be about Training Day :whoa: :mindblown::snoop:

WOAHMYGOODNESS

Your TSC World Champion
Daps
Denzel's plan was flawed. "How," you ask?

:sas2:
but they did turn in some of the monney. it was over 4 million dollars found but alonzo sai dthe news would say it was like 3 million found. meaning alonzo kept a million and each member kept a quarter except hoyt

Medulla Oblongata

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
but they did turn in some of the monney. it was over 4 million dollars found but alonzo sai dthe news would say it was like 3 million found. meaning alonzo kept a million and each member kept a quarter except hoyt
I thought it was assumed Alonzo turned in the money?