10 Things You Didn't Know About 'Training Day'

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
in theory he'd have the 3 wise men to cover for him, but it'd be hard to explain why he decided to dig up the floor after they killed Roger

If they turned in at least some of the money you say the floor was already dug up when they got there, you sell it that Roger got tipped off that they were coming and was trying to grab his stash and run when he heard them coming from the front fired the shots and got killed. With a good reputation and the wise men backing them it's not a hard sell.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If they turned in at least some of the money you say the floor was already dug up when they got there, you sell it that Roger got tipped off that they were coming and was trying to grab his stash and run when he heard them coming from the front fired the shots and got killed. With a good reputation and the wise men backing them it's not a hard sell.

Only thing that really fukked them up [in theory] was the bullet going through the cops vest.

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
when Alonzo leaves Jake at Smileys audience members still couldnt get it through their heads that denzel was the bad guy

So Alonzo conning Jake into smokin sherm and killing/robbin Roger to set Jake up for the m1 wasn't a hint *sheesh*

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
I couldn't see any of them turnin that dark corner after the shotgun in the bathtub incident...When I saw him get ready to after Alonzo i was like Yeah, he's pissed and now Zo's ass is cooked lol

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
Still say they shoulda kept that alternative ending with the 3 wise men & Jake..You can see that a car pulls in behind him at his house so obviously there's one more loose end about what happened to the money Alonzo jacked earlier

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
Was instant classic to me when I saw it in theaters, in September 2001, right after 9/11. I remember buying the DVD the day it came out too. The scene with Jake and the surenos was such a great example of creating tension and confusion, and anyone who's been around enough has had those moments, you can tell some shyt isn't right, but everyone is just smiling and offering you drinks…You don't know exactly whats up, but somethings off, and you want to think it's all good, and you know better…..Anyway, I never liked the very end, very cliche and over the top, for a movie that was gritty and authentic in most regards, besides Andre Young's acting debut..

'You a long way from Starbucks homey!'
Dre was in "Set It Off" as Black Sam the gun runner ..the shoot out at Sandman's house always irked me...Denzel goin John Woo with to.shiny .45's but nobody got hit or grazed felt too Hollywood to be hood lol

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
What makes us think So wouldn't have Jake killed anyway even if he was all in?? Alonzo was so evil you needed a guy on the other side to take him down...not even for the sake of his badge but just because doin the right thing saved a young girl's life and his in the end