10 years from now do you think Smartphone technology will be dramatically different?

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
I can only think of probably bus transit payments on the spot, probably advanced NFC on more things to use Apple Pay or Google Pay with.

I don't really know what else they can do, we can see a doctor right now off our phones, I see a expansion off that especially with covid shutting down alot of stuff and companies probably keeping employees home to safe money from renting building.

Probably remote start for all cars, alarm off your phone or something.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I can only think of probably bus transit payments on the spot, probably advanced NFC on more things to use Apple Pay or Google Pay with.

I don't really know what else they can do, we can see a doctor right now off our phones, I see a expansion off that especially with covid shutting down alot of stuff and companies probably keeping employees home to safe money from renting building.

Probably remote start for all cars, alarm off your phone or something.

The phones can already do all of that shyt, it's a matter of the other end being able to adapt to that

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Naw processors these days are getting smaller and faster

I couldn’t imagine being able to be on a zoom call/twitch/YouTube running in the background on an application while browsing the Internet and installing updates in the background as well ten years ago.

You just said the same thing I said. They do the same things but better

Kokoro

Passion
Supporter
Daps
You just said the same thing I said. They do the same things but better
Yeah I realized that

Still the amount of change in a relatively short period of time is impressive and definitely significant.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
10 years ago they weren't that different so it's hard to say.

I will say some of yall will continue to sign up to be lazy and have some shyt inserted into you so you don't have to carry a credit card, like pulling it from your pocket and swiping it was taking years off your life life or some shyt and they can just charge you by stepping to the counter or something.

but phones, I don't think so, not at a reasonable price, if the last 10 years are any sign.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I'm pretty happy with where phones are at. The only thing I really want at this point is some improved battery technology.

Ten years from now, we could be communicating on something totally unexpected than we do currently though.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I think A.I. combined with mapping and video pickup will be dramatically different. Constant visual feed and map tracking that the A.I. will then run to do face recognition, tell you which stores have deals, send you targeted ads, etc.

Retired Account

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
10 years ago they weren't that different so it's hard to say.

I will say some of yall will continue to sign up to be lazy and have some shyt inserted into you so you don't have to carry a credit card, like pulling it from your pocket and swiping it was taking years off your life life or some shyt and they can just charge you by stepping to the counter or something.

but phones, I don't think so, not at a reasonable price, if the last 10 years are any sign.

amazon has cashier less stores today where you grab the item then they charge you when you walk and you dont have to insert anything or talk to anybody.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
amazon has cashier less stores today where you grab the item then they charge you when you walk and you dont have to insert anything or talk to anybody.
that shyt is only going to allowed to fly in certain places, but i see this as the future more than our phones becoming super smart phones that are nothing like we have now in 10 years.

LordLyons

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the next few years most people will not have a traditional desktop setup. Your phone will be the computer and you just plug it into the display with the keyboard and mouse already set up. The technology has already existed for years with Samsung dex, but it will be made more mainstream when Apple adopts a similar system.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
i expect them to implement VR/AR substantially better.
Might also head back into foldable phones , maybe even 4-way foldable.
Easier to carry in ur pocket.