101 Bible Oddities

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
@MMS what does the cadence of God's voice sound like when you talk with God? Does God have a baritone sounding voice?

I came to that conclusion because I have never heard God speak to me. I have tried very hard.
learn to pray and meditate. I know you visited one of the churches that I go to. Speak to a church father and tell him about yourself as you have told me.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
learn to pray and meditate. I know you visited one of the churches that I go to. Speak to a church father and tell him about yourself as you have told me.
I don't know if you recall but I haven't visited any Orthodox churches because there are none where I live. There is a Catholic Church though.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I don't know if you recall but I haven't visited any Orthodox churches because there are none where I live. There is a Catholic Church though.
thats good enough, speak to a priest and ask to do confession.

Ask yourself this, what do you seek to find in seeking God. Do you believe there is an end to seeking God?

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
No it didn’t, white people did, most of the world isn’t of the faith, they essentially were just practicing genocidal blasphemy
Was King David's army practicing genocide against the Canaanites and other groups of people? What about Joshua and Samson?

King David killed many people and he was of the faith.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
How are people choosing what they want to see. These are things you notice while you are a Christian going to church. These are literal scriptures . These are some of the ridiculous things that add up to where someone questions the rationality of the literature they are reading. Can we not look these up right now? Can we not all go to the book store and buy a Bible and find the same scriptures right now today…Deflection ! Everybody posting in this thread was a Christian once assuming we are all African American here (wonder how that came to be :ohhh:).. We aren’t from the synagogue of satan lol. Y’all are free to believe in y’all crazy fairytales as long as y’all want, but most of us adults have read the Bible multiple times and have the right to call out the absurdity of the Bible and it’s contradictions. The only things you all can do is try to act like we haven’t read the Bible and that we have only seen cliff notes of it, which is just lazy. And assumes we weren’t Christian’s before which is dishonest .I’ve read the Bible word for word front to back several times and these contradictions are not internet conspiracies, they are really in the Bible and are just as fukking ridiculous as they sound in the thread. Don’t matter what you are looking for smart ass
Honestly the world we live in is even more absurd than the Bible. Humans have probably extinguished half of our historic population with billions of people having being killed in all kinds of massacres, ai is giving us existential crisis, we have nuclear weapons capable of doing more damage than Yah has done short of the flood (and maybe more! Because the people we trust to keep us safe, our governments, lie about EVERYTHING), we have banks and corporations running our lives in ways tyrannical kings could only dream of, speaking of, we are having another global financial crisis because our governments are so corrupt you have to wonder if they’re trying to kill us on purpose, we poison pretty much all of our food and drinking water. I can go on and on but if you explained how the world works now back then they would literally say we live in a fairy tail just as much.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Honestly the world we live in is even more absurd than the Bible. Humans have probably extinguished half of our historic population with billions of people having being killed in all kinds of massacres, ai is giving us existential crisis, we have nuclear weapons capable of doing more damage than Yah has done short of the flood (and maybe more! Because the people we trust to keep us safe, our governments, lie about EVERYTHING), we have banks and corporations running our lives in ways tyrannical kings could only dream of, speaking of, we are having another global financial crisis because our governments are so corrupt you have to wonder if they’re trying to kill us on purpose, we poison pretty much all of our food and drinking water. I can go on and on but if you explained how the world works now back then they would literally say we live in a fairy tail just as much.
God repeatedly says that we live in the land of the Amorites (story makers)

God is just as much in control of this world now as he was when he fashioned it in the beginning

CP3.

Mr Solo Dolo
Daps
In Jerusalem, Jesus noticed a man blind since birth. Without hype or hoopla, the Light of the World brought light to the man’s eye

At a wedding in Cana, when the wine ran out, Jesus told the servants to fill six stone pots with water and take a cupful to the headwaiter. Putting the cup to his lips, the waiter tasted that Jesus had not only turned the water into wine, but the best wine

Later, a royal official came to Cana to ask Jesus to heal his dying son in Capernaum, about twenty miles away. Without moving, Jesus told him, “‘Go back home. Your son will live!’” (4:50). He healed the boy from a distance.

By the pool of Bethesda, Jesus saw a man who had been disabled for 38 years. The Lord commanded him, “‘Stand up, pick up your mat, and walk!’” (5:8). It didn’t matter that the man had been lame for almost four decades; when Jesus said “walk,” he walked!

Jesus fed a crowd of over 5,000 people with five small loaves and two sardine-sized fish (6:1–15). How could so little feed so many? The math didn’t add up for the disciples, but lack of enough never limited Jesus’ ability.

When a strong wind stirred up the sea and the terrified disciples strained at the oars to make it to shore, Jesus walked on the water and calmed the storm

When Lazarus died, his sisters’ hopes died with him. However, Jesus transformed their impossibility into the perfect opportunity to glorify God by bringing Lazarus back to life

Flee for your life! Do not look behind you, nor stop anywhere in the Plain; flee to the hills, lest you be swept away."[1]: 465  While fleeing, Lot's wife looked behind her at Sodom and was turned into a pillar of salt

After Egypt's pharaoh refuses to grant the Israelites freedom, God tells Moses and Aaron to use their staffs to turn the Nile river to blood. "Moses and Aaron did as the Lord commanded. In the sight of Pharaoh and in the sight of his servants he lifted up the staff and struck the water in the Nile, and all the water in the Nile turned into blood. And the fish in the Nile died, and the Nile stank, so that the Egyptians could not drink water from the Nile. There was blood throughout all the land of Egypt

a prophet named Balaam is on the road when his donkey stops three times. Each time, Balaam beats the donkey in an effort to get it moving. Apparently, God has given the donkey the ability to speak and it says: "What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?" she says to Balaam

The Lord commanded Noah to build an ark in which his family and “every living thing of all flesh” were saved from the Flood. Floodwater destroyed the wicked and all creatures that lived on the land except those in the ark. When the floodwater receded, Noah and his family exited the ark.

Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and the Lord drove the sea back by a strong east wind all night and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided

I get it's a brainwashing thing but surely as you get older you start to read all this shyt and realise it's just not true and that it's clearly impossible. But then, maybe not, cause in the face of facts they'll just say 'it's possible for God' or some shyt. You can't win with these people. They're in too deep :yeshrug: