• Konvict

Votes: 20 50.0%

• Total voters

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Make case for Akon by posting 3 features brehs, two of which are Black Rob and Dj Khaled+7 dudes :mjlol:.

Show me his projects, solo songs and on.
Look at that top 5 future thread, cats had 100 different top 5's. People can only name about 5 Akon songs of the top.

Someone already posted Akon's solo songs. That Future thread is irrelevant because we don't have one for Akon. Akon's solo songs and features are still bigger and more significant than anything Future has put out.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Someone already posted Akon's solo songs. That Future thread is irrelevant because we don't have one for Akon. Akon's solo songs and features are still bigger and more significant than anything Future has put out.
They are also bigger and more significant commercially than Illmatic, the fukk does that mean, I'm not getting a cut of that check.
Flowrider has bigger songs than Killer Mike, so he is better :jbhmm:

I mentioned 3-4 songs, and the rest of you mentioned about 3 additional songs.

If we compared discographies, and mind you I was a fan of his 3 years of heat.
DS2
56 nights
Monster
Astronaut Status
Konvicted
Pluto
Honest
Trouble
Dirty Sprite
Beast Mode
Freedom

That's how I would rank them, probably the reviewers as well.

Last edited:

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
They are also bigger and more significant commercially than Illmatic, the fukk does that mean, I'm not getting a cut of that check.

DS2
56 nights
Monster
Astronaut Status
Pluto
Trouble
Honest
Konvicted
Dirty Sprite
Beast Mode
Freedom

Honest is NOT better than Beast Mode

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

DS2
56 nights
Monster
Astronaut Status
Trouble
Pluto
Honest
Konvicted
Dirty Sprite
Beast Mode
Freedom

Nothing that Akon put out is more significant than Illmatic. By significant and bigger I wasn't talking about commercial success. Take "Soul Survivor" for instance, that song helped establish Young Jeezy. "We Taking Over" is one of the best posse cuts of that era. Then you have Akon's solo efforts. These weren't some come and go projects that he just put out and people were on to the next after they dropped. Akon also helped Bone come back in '07. One of the few legitimate club bangers in Eminem's catalog is his feature on Akon's "Smack That".

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
Akon ain't really a rapper compared to Future.
Akon is more in the same category as nate dogg and Nate>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
RIP :mjcry:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Future doesn't have a song that comes close to this classic

And I fukks wit future

Or this

full

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Nothing that Akon put out is more significant than Illmatic. By significant and bigger I wasn't talking about commercial success. Take "Soul Survivor" for instance, that song helped establish Young Jeezy. "We Taking Over" is one of the best posse cuts of that era. Then you have Akon's solo efforts. These weren't some come and go projects that he just put out and people were on to the next after they dropped. Akon also helped Bone come back in '07. One of the few legitimate club bangers in Eminem's catalog is his feature on Akon's "Smack That".
I'm not a single person, I don't listen to radio.
I listen to albums, I don't know about you new era dudes but I listen to albums and Akon's discography is not fukking with it.
Smack is wack, I Tried was pretty nice radio music, Soul Survivor classic song good feature, We taking over would've been better without a pop hook straight up posse cut.

From his solo efforts I can only rank Lonely, Locked up, Tired of running, Ghetto, Mama Africa as very dope joints. Then he had few other nice lil joints I can't wait, Blown away, Gringo, The rain, Trouble nobody and pop joints like Don't matter. I'm not even gonna get into the amount of bs he's made either.

It's not enough though and really I don't even know why we are comparing them, he's rapped like twice that would be on Shake Down and Gangsta Bop. He's a singer with few love songs, Nate Dogg is like the only dude that I could compare him to.

As far as significance goes, Future has had a major impact on the game. All the way from up in the East Coast with cats like Fetty Wap to Drake to everyone coming out of Atlanta.

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not a single person, I don't listen to radio.
I listen to albums, I don't know about you new era dudes but I listen to albums and Akon's discography is not fukking with it.
Smack is wack, I Tried was pretty nice radio music, Soul Survivor classic song good feature, We taking over would've been better without a pop hook straight up posse cut.

From his solo efforts I can only rank Lonely, Locked up, Tired of running, Ghetto, Mama Africa as very dope joints. Then he had few other nice lil joints I can't wait, Blown away, Gringo, The rain, Trouble nobody and pop joints like Don't matter. I'm not even gonna get into the amount of bs he's made either.

It's not enough though and really I don't even know why we are comparing them, he's rapped like twice that would be on Shake Down and Gangsta Bop. He's a singer with few love songs, Nate Dogg is like the only dude that I could compare him to.

As far as significance goes, Future has had a major impact on the game. All the way from up in the East Coast with cats like Fetty Wap to Drake to everyone coming out of Atlanta.

I'm not a new era dude. I listen to albums too, but neither Akon or Future are artists that I've listened to regularly.

Akon's impact >>>>> Future's.