• Hendrix

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • Konvict

Votes: 20 50.0%

• Total voters

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I'm not a new era dude. I listen to albums too, but neither Akon or Future are artists that I've listened to regularly.

Akon's impact >>>>> Future's.
What type of impact did Akon have? And again he's not a rapper, Future is.
I know of Future's and it's huge, he has haters for his influence on the rap game.

No one changed their sound due to Akon or incorporated it in their sound, he might've influenced some August Alsina though idk.
He might've influenced African cats and shyt I don't really know, he's international as fukk.

This is Akon's impact

Last edited:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
We don't have a crystal ball to determine whether any of Future's will hold up in 2025. Akon still has "I Wanna Love You".
Mama Africa still bang. Let's be real, a lot of Akon's hits were club bangers but so our future's.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Future isn't anywhere near Akon's league. It's like comparing Future to Biggie. Stop it. One is one of known and impactful artist in music and the other is another run of the mill rapper from Atlanta. No disrespect but Akon is one of the most notable artists in music. Compare Future to T-Pain.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
none of futures shyt would pass in 2005
You mean when Laffy Taffy and that Soulja boy song were the #1 songs in the US? Dj Unk, Franchize Boys and those dudes?
Was he too nice with it or what do you mean.

Akon has songs that stood the test of time, but he has an overwhelming amount of zzz..

Future isn't anywhere near Akon's league. It's like comparing Future to Biggie. Stop it. One is one of known and impactful artist in music and the other is another run of the mill rapper from Atlanta. No disrespect but Akon is one of the most notable artists in music. Compare Future to T-Pain.
I would rather compare Akon to T-pain, they are both singers. Akon, Chris Brown and T-pain these are the type of artists I would compare. I'm sure they all have plenty of EDM songs with Guetta and shyt too :mjlol:. Comparing Akon's greatest shyt would be against other singers but most of them sing about love and Akon can't really reach that level I'm talking Frank Ocean, Miguel and those dudes. He can't sing like them and he can't write like them. Nostalgic ass nikkas in this thread. Comparing rappers with singers and then acting like the singer is Marvin Gaye.

Last edited:

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
You mean when Laffy Taffy and that Soulja boy song were the #1 songs in the US? Dj Unk, Franchize Boys and those dudes?
Was he too nice with it or what do you mean.

Akon has songs that stood the test of time, but he has an overwhelming amount of zzz..

nikkas was at least dancing to laffy taffy and soulja boy

future is just mumbling to some trap beats

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Future is the sht but Akon's verses on "I am not my hair" is real as fvk. Akon just sings realness, salute to my African brother.

onlylno

Haitian American Descended From Slaves
Supporter
Daps
So Future Vs T-Pain then.

:patrice: I'm a Florida nikka so this one tough.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
nikkas was at least dancing to laffy taffy and soulja boy

future is just mumbling to some trap beats
Mumbling? Clean your ears.
Furthermore 2 of the most influential rappers of the 2000s were made in 2005, Future's forefathers Gucci and Jeezy.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
:unsure:
Akon ain't really a rapper compared to Future.
Akon is more in the same category as nate dogg and Nate>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
RIP :mjcry:

You're reaching.

I get anticipated when I see Nate Dogg featured on a song while i be like:unsure: when I see Akon's name.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
The biggest problem with Akon is that he's a sellout, he rarely gave cats his full potential (or maybe what he gave was the best he could do?).
When people look him up all they find will be Florida, Pitbull, David Guetta collabos or songs like Smack that and Belly Dancer. His diamonds are hidden in between a bunch of garbage.

• Dap
Reactions: ECA