11/25/23 PBC on SHO PPV Winner get peydey peydey (or a vacant belt) Demetrius Andrade Vs David Benavidez WBC Interim Title

Who wins?

• Andrade by KO

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Andrade by Decision

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Benavidez by KO

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Benavidez by Decision

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Heartbreaking Lauce.

He was hitting that man with all his Might and it was like fighting Omniman. Pingpingping. O man. Boo boo. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I can definitely see in the future Andrade being fed as a sacrificial lamb to David Morrell for his first step up fight

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
Been saying for years idk what people "saw in" Andrade. Even though I thought he was going to lose was hoping just as a black man he wouldn't go out like that. Look great for 3 rounds then just completely fall off by 4 then quit on the stool:snoop:. If he was fighting high ranking guys the whole time I highly doubt he would've went out in the fashion that he did.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
Andrade would have beat most of the top dudes at 168 that night....problem is that Benavidez is too big and powerful. Andrade power was not translating and he couldn't escape the 6'3 monster that kept coming at him with deadly punches. Benavidez is clearly the best at 168 right now and will beat the taco juice out of Canelo.

i just don't understand why Canelo fanboys are acting like Canelo would have done Andrade the same way.....A fight between Canelo and Andrade would be closer then how this one went.
100%. Good post.

Clear as day that Andrade couldn't hang at 168 (his second at 168) with a heavy 168'er who has been there since he was 17. His punch placement and output was exceptional in the first 3-4 rounds, but it didn't hurt a boxer with a great guard, and a great punch resistance built from sparring consistently at 168-175, and sparring bigger guys since he was 15.

Hopefully Canelo wants to fight Andrade or Benavidez, because either of those are great fights from a. physical standpoint.

But fukk a Munguia fight. I'm a rarity in that I love watching Munguia fight, he has exceptional technique and balance from either left or right side. Type of boxer you love to have in the gym for others to learn how to throw relaxed, proper punches from both sides. But fukk that for a matchup, that's a disgrace, a fight between Canelo and Munguia shouldn't be sanctioned by the athletic commissions. Munguia is barely a 160 fighter, let alone a 168 fighter. And he takes shots to give shots.

Has lifetime dementia/cte written all over it.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
100%. Good post.

Clear as day that Andrade couldn't hang at 168 (his second at 168) with a heavy 168'er who has been there since he was 17. His punch placement and output was exceptional in the first 3-4 rounds, but it didn't hurt a boxer with a great guard, and a great punch resistance built from sparring consistently at 168-175, and sparring bigger guys since he was 15.

Hopefully Canelo wants to fight Andrade or Benavidez, because either of those are great fights from a. physical standpoint.

But fukk a Munguia fight. I'm a rarity in that I love watching Munguia fight, he has exceptional technique and balance from either left or right side. Type of boxer you love to have in the gym for others to learn how to throw relaxed, proper punches from both sides. But fukk that for a matchup, that's a disgrace, a fight between Canelo and Munguia shouldn't be sanctioned by the athletic commissions. Munguia is barely a 160 fighter, let alone a 168 fighter. And he takes shots to give shots.

Has lifetime dementia/cte written all over it.
Better off doing Berlanga vs canelo. Lean all the way into the fukkery

Daps
Hard to critique or call Andrade overrated based off this fight. Benavidez would do the same thing to any boxer who should be fighting and middleweight. He does it to boxers in his weight class, plant would’ve been outta there too if it wasn’t for the ref.

Agent Mulder

Fight The Future
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Hard to critique or call Andrade overrated based off this fight. Benavidez would do the same thing to any boxer who should be fighting and middleweight. He does it to boxers in his weight class, plant would’ve been outta there too if it wasn’t for the ref.

:lolbron:

Tanahashi Coates

Superstar
Daps
To put a bow on this fight for myself, why the FUKK did Andrade rehydrate to 190? I haven't watched the televised version of the fight yet but he looked good until the 4th and it came crashing down.

He still has options at 168. He beats Plant, Bazinyan and a few others at the weight based on what I saw. I'd be trying to make the first Thursday night fight in Montreal with one of those guys because a win puts him back in contention. Only thing is, every sanctioning body removed him before the fight so who knows what his options are.

As far as David goes, Canelo better fight him. There's no more excuses for this shyt.

The homies from 3 Kings Boxing brought up a good point afterwards. How is a 2 division champion a fraud? If he lost to Walter fukking Kautondokwa or Liam Williams, I'd agree.

Jerz

All Star
Daps
Feed this quitter to Morrell or Mbilli

Last edited: