12/9 DAZN PPV: Devin Haney vs Regis Prograis (WBC Jr Welterweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
I'm not gonna doubt Haney any more but I don't see how you guys think Tank somehow can't detonate on him at least once. Devin has elite boxing skills but he's not untouchable.

I don't think Devin has faced somebody as explosive and fast as Tank. Closest in speed was Linares and he managed to land clean once and we saw how badly Devin reacted.

IMO, Haney cruises to a UD if he manages to not get caught but that's a big if.

I think the X factor is IQ.

Tank is good at walking either flatfooted or average IQ guys into the big shot. I need to see him do it to someone who can move well, who is defensively responsible, or who has an elite IQ/reflexes.

Linares caught a young Devin who was trying to get greedy at the end of a round, very late in the fight. I don't think this version of him makes that same mistake or reacts the same way. And thats where experience becomes so crucial.

Its crazy how talented Tank is... for all we know he could be the greatest boxer in the galaxy, but dude still hasnt shown us what hes made of against elite comp. Just gotta wait and see.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I'm not gonna doubt Haney any more but I don't see how you guys think Tank somehow can't detonate on him at least once. Devin has elite boxing skills but he's not untouchable.

I don't think Devin has faced somebody as explosive and fast as Tank. Closest in speed was Linares and he managed to land clean once and we saw how badly Devin reacted.

IMO, Haney cruises to a UD if he manages to not get caught but that's a big if.
Loma probably has the best footwork and foot speed that devin will probably ever see. Apparently he got a new footwork coach for this camp which why he looked so great sitting on his punches. Tank should fought him a year ago, he's only getting better from these battles/experience. His 3rd paw, I'm assuming he fighting a 4th next

prince_peoples

Superstar
Daps
Exactly! I mean if nobody stepping up the plate and there's an attractive fight to get made against a decently high name opponent with respectable skills make the fight.

It shyts all day on Rolly that's for damn sure.

I got zero problem with Ryan Garcia being this era Amir Khan
Amir khan is 10 times more skilled that Ryan

what about Ryan’s skills do ya find respectable?

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Amir khan is 10 times more skilled that Ryan

what about Ryan’s skills do ya find respectable?

He's a pro who made it to the top of his profession, while you and I debate on the coli from our couches, debating whether to grab Pringles or Doritos watching MNF. And lost 1 fight to a human hand grenade.

Are you seriously saying that Khan is 10x more skilled than Ryan? Are we talking about the same dude? The Maidana fight blurred dudes memories of what he was :mjlol:. See his fights with Garcia, Peterson, Algeri, Prescott.

Them nikkas is a damn mirror image of one another. Reckless, bad habits, above average hand speed, suspect chins, and completely overconfident in their skills but usually never in a dull fight.

Last edited:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Spence and Bud woulda sold more but they waited so long for Spence to clean imaginary sides of streets that a lot of fans lost interest.. Everyone was asking for that fight 2-3 years prior

Exactly. I'm confused at this "nobody was interested in the fight until this year when they were going for Undisputed"

There were alot of casual fans and on sports talk shows in which Boxing wasn't their specialty who talked about Spence vs Crawford YEARS ago. And they would always use the example of them not fighting as the "reason why Boxing is losing ratings"

What an odd left field comment :deadrose: