Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
Last edited:

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Do you really think The Coli represents the world?

NY is on of all the lists in the world, "top metropolitan", "top city", "best night life", "24h city", "top financial district", "most cultural cities" bla bla bla.

The colis would wonder if it 1. Do they have good sports? 2. Is the rent cheap? 3. Are the girls easy

:childplease:, just observe this thread.

Most people might be alright with small town life, shytty ass restaurants, shytty nightlife, uneducated population, crime, lack of art and creativity, Wall Mart saturdays and on.. But in the real world, no one gives a fukk about any city in US except LA, NY and San Francisco/Bay area. And obviously Miami and Vegas for vacation. (One might stretch it to Chicago, but that's like NY but a whole lot shyttier and Houston if we really wanna stretch it and include cities like Copenhagen, Guangzhou etc).

Those cities are the ones they rank with London, Madrid, Paris, Shanghai, Hongkong, Singapore, Zurich, Rome, Rio etc.

Of course we could be talking about places like Greenwich Connecticut and stuff but lets limit ourselves to real cities.
I see why you're in the red. Let me add to that NEGGED :steviej:

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
It's because I shyt on you community college educated ghetto ass birdbrains, getting co-signs from you dudes would mean that I'm doing something wrong.
Ghetto
full
? I live in a nice middle class community. fukk outta here lame :camby:

Daps
No doubt there are places that would be more realistic and afordable for me to live long term and buy a home, but for a year NY would be cool

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
:rudy:
That same 8.50 hour at H&M in NY is the same 8.50 an hour they make at H&M in virginia, Illinois, Georgia, and Texas.

Don't believe the hype. I know first hand.

If anything that min wage stretches longer down South or in the Midwest.

That's not what I've seen from my experiences with some of the fam, my big cous in particular who has done more back and forth between NY and NC because of the wage difference than I've been back and forth between Raleigh-Durham. His thing is always the same, "tired" of NY but it pays better :manny:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Can't see why anybody would want to willingly deal with such a ridiculous cost of living. :smh:

For 2k I could literally pay a mortgage for a reasonably nice house and rent for two apartments, or a mortgage for two houses.

Smashius Clay

The Millennium Brotha I Be
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Perpetual World Traveler
@The Dollar Menu

You wanna be close to the airport, live in a great apartment and still be close(ish) to the city -- move to Jamaica Queens. Here's a spot I was looking at before finally settling on a spot in Bushwick. The neighborhood is piff, there are parks, a mall, a movie theater, a farmers market, plus the same NYC feel.

The place I was looking at was a studio with a den (& huge ass walk-in closet) for $1575/month. The building has a garage, doorman, and is new construction. Plus you're close to the LIRR, JMZ , and EF trains which will get you pretty much anywhere you wanna go.

Last edited:

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
For the people saying you could pay a mortgage with these rents (and I don't disagree), I'll point out there's a not insignificant number of people out there who aren't interested in owning a house

Daps
@The Dollar Menu

You wanna be close to the airport, live in a great apartment and still be close(ish) to the city move to Jamaica Queens? Here's a spot I was looking at before finally settling on a spot in Bushwick. The neighborhood is piff, there are parks, a mall, a movie theater, a farmers market, plus the same NYC feel.

The place I was looking at was a studio with a den (& huge ass walk-in closet) for $1575/month. The building has a garage, doorman, and is new construction. Plus you're close to the LIRR, JMZ , and EF trains which will get you pretty much anywhere you wanna go.
That shyt look pretty nice, I'ma research that

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
That's what people don't realize, and they're sitting in here clowning ppl for living in NYC :snoop:

They don't even realize when all is said and done, the NYC resident may actually have more money left over at the end of every month and may actually be living a little more financially stable than say a southerner may be.

Not true, for example, if you're a white collar type. You could be making close to the same money and that salary can stretch a lot further down here. Theres not much difference in overall pay for corporate jobs either because I've weighed the income vs living expense and looked at salaries for similar jobs in fields I could work in. I've had a few chances to move other places but the cost of living is too enticing here. I have a nice home and 2 cars for less than most northerners pay for rent on a smaller 2 br apt. and no car note. Of course people have their misconceptions about the south but the cost of living is not one of them.