$1500-$1600 apts in NYC

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Go out and travel kid, learn about what people want, study some economics or just do some fukking basic math.
NY has the highest demand for real estate in the world, NY, London, San Fran, Hong Kong and some other places.

We are not talking about people who value sports teams doing well over having access to the most diverse, educated and culturally enhanced population in the nation.

The only thing that's bad with NY is the weather, a trait shared with several other top cities. Brazil's cities, Sidney, Melbourne, Rome, Miami, Madrid/Barcelona, Houston, La are the only top cities with nice weather. But gaining in weather will have yo losing in terms of other things contra other top cities.

what does NY have that other big cities don't? other cities got culture, museums, art galleries, 5 star restaurants, nightlife etc and cheaper land. so what are you taking about?:heh:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
what does NY have that other big cities don't? other cities got culture, museums, art galleries, 5 star restaurants, nightlife etc and cheaper land. so what are you taking about?:heh:

More creative option
For example if you're trying to make it in music or acting, NY is the place to be. The only other place is LA. Not too mention, the public transport is up there globally.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I live in south bk nice two br for under 2 racks. Like 45 mins from the city.
Stay away from those corny gentrified areas like Williamsburg or bushwick :scust:and you'll be straight fam

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
I lived in an extra large studio for about $1200 for 5 years with minimum increases living in Kensington/Windsor terrace Brooklyn and lived very comfortably. Nice neighborhood, right by prospect park, train down the block, bar, wine store, laundromat and deli all within walking distance. You can probably get a 1 or 2 bedroom in that area If that's your range. It's only about 30 min from the city and accessible enough where you're still near shyt but family oriented enough where you feel separate from things. Look into it.

And from this area you can take the F train to the A train which leaves you right at JFK for about an hour long commute.

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
You pay for what you get.
A lot more people from all over the world want to live in NY because it's obviously the best city if you can afford it, which is why it's expensive.
Same with San Francisco and perhaps LA.

People are not really moving from Paris to the fukking Memphis :dead:.

Pay more = get a better city, pay less = get a shyttier city.
So define losing.

I can tell this post burned a lot of peoples souls.

RegB

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was looking for an apartment a little while back there too and a cool town to rent in seemed like hoboken right across the river and the prices weren't that bad either but I've never been there so i cant really recommend it or not at this point.:yeshrug:

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
There are some decent spots up in the BX that you can get for about $1000 and less and still be very close to Manhattan(if you're willing to commute 30 minutes on the 4 and D lines to the nightlife downtown)

Or if you want, you can be in Inwood, Manhattan and find a few spots for around $900 and take the 1 line.

But if you can afford spending $1500, then you can easily stay around Harlem.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
I don't know how to put enough emphasis on what I'm talking about, than letting the loudest motherfukker in the world do it for me.

The land of the deepest hoods in East New York is worth more than some ballin ass neighborhood in Alabama :laugh:. I.e. cats are prepared to pay more to live in the ghettos of NY than fly neighborhoods in a lot of southern cities :dead: and they still wanna ask dumb questions.

Last edited:

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
I was looking for an apartment a little while back there too and a cool town to rent in seemed like hoboken right across the river and the prices weren't that bad either but I've never been there so i cant really recommend it or not at this point.:yeshrug:

Hoboken is pretty decent, I've been there once and the bars there are actually cheaper than the Manhattan bars. But I rather not want to live in NJ regardless of distance. The path train is a nightmare everyday.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I don't know how to put enough emphasis on what I'm talking about, than letting the loudest motherfukker in the world do it for me.

The land of the deepest hoods in East New York is worth more than some ballin ass neighborhood in Alabama :laugh:. I.e. cats are prepared to pay more to live in the ghettos of NY than fly neighborhoods in a lot of southern cities :dead: and they still wanna ask dumb questions.

again i said what does NYC have that most BIG cities don't? Alabama doesn't have any big cities. now answer the question

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Not true, for example, if you're a white collar type. You could be making close to the same money and that salary can stretch a lot further down here. Theres not much difference in overall pay for corporate jobs either because I've weighed the income vs living expense and looked at salaries for similar jobs in fields I could work in. I've had a few chances to move other places but the cost of living is too enticing here. I have a nice home and 2 cars for less than most northerners pay for rent on a smaller 2 br apt. and no car note. Of course people have their misconceptions about the south but the cost of living is not one of them.

that's a lie.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
that's a lie.

Nah...if you're making 60k/yr you can live pretty well in the south or midwest. I'm talking a house in a good neighborhood, two cars, insurance, money in the bank and a reasonable amount of disposable income. For example, in Michigan, Ann Arbor is considered an expensive area but even the nicest places there wouldn't be over $1k in rent for the most part. Where I live now (Lansing) you can easily get a decent apartment for under $600 and if you're paying $800+ for rent, then you're probably gated community status.

If you make 60k/yr in New York, you're probably barely making rent. :sadcam:

Can't really speak on pay differences in NY but it's hard to imagine they're huge enough to make up for the cost of living.