$1500-$1600 apts in NYC

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
2k in rent in dc gets you a lot; especially if you have a roommate. check arlington
I'm 37...I am not getting a roommate lol. I found a place in Alexandria for about $1400. It's 713 sq ft.

I live in North Carolina right now. I pay $710 for 756 sq ft apartment.

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
KyokushinKarateka 's post received the following reputation(s)
  1. -10
    Given: Today at 4:56 PM
    flea commented: (still got more rep than u faggit :umad:)

1. @flea calm down smh :beli:

capblk

Rookie
Daps
I know plenty of people paying in and around $1000 for 1 bdrms. Most are in the Bronx and with little nightlife but just a few Subway stops/short drive outside Manhattan. My cuz just moved into a place in Melrose, The Bronx.

2 bdrm 2 bath Duplex with a patio for $1500, 2 stops outside Manhattan, 5 minute walk to the station. He works by 14th St. his Subway ride is about 20 min. each way. He is into that healthy lifestyle and jogs into Manhattan via the 3rd Ave Bridge.

My advice is to come to NY, walk around and get a feel for a place. Check with Subway lines will be convenient, pick a few places (Bar, Restaurant etc.) hang out at night and do a trial run of your commute. See if you can live with it and F a broker fee, most buildings have a Management Company # to call for apts. Ask to speak to the Super they always know when an apt in empty.

LordTaskForce

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I'm 37...I am not getting a roommate lol. I found a place in Alexandria for about $1400. It's 713 sq ft.

I live in North Carolina right now. I pay $710 for 756 sq ft apartment.

thats not bad. if you are staying there permanently you could probably swing a mortgage for that price with a down payment

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
:ehh:

But I mean you got nothing to show for it at the end

Being young in NY you almost don't have a choice. Its hard to even get approved for a mortgage here. Most of us live with rent. And the shyt here in NY that you can buy, isn't even worth owning in the long run. I don't want to own a 2 bedroom apartment. Eventually you leave the demographic that you're in now, and your needs change. If what I have planned goes according to plan, then I'll be getting a condo somewhere in the city, if not I'm just going to leave New York. Makes no sense to live here if you can't afford it. I'm only 20 though, so all I need is an apartment to myself.

MouseTeeth

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I live in a 2 bedroom in Brooklyn in that price range...stop trying to live in manhattan

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:duck:

This is my old place I was in before I had to get an extra room to move my little brother in. it was paying 1400 there, but its 1800 now for whoever lives there. This in Bay Ridge too.

1.4k for that box. Wow

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
:ehh:

But I mean you got nothing to show for it at the end
I don't know. Some memories, some friendships and shyt. I wouldn't mind starting to a pay mortgage in my 30s. Which is the ideal time to start onr. 20s should be about holding down a good job, fukking girls, and becoming more cultured. That's enough to show for me. :ehhh:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
thats not bad. if you are staying there permanently you could probably swing a mortgage for that price with a down payment

Yeah I got a discount since I'm a federal employee. My current plan is to fulfill my promotion potential, get a few more years of job experience and then relocate somewhere with a lower cost of living.

Staying isn't out of the question though. If I do, it seems like you'll get more for your money in PG County as far as mortgages go.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
1.4k for that box. Wow
Yeah but this is the city :ahh: So much shyt to do. :ahh:

I mean for the price I paid for that, you could rent a 4 BEDROOM house in somewhere like Kentucky. But who the fukk wants to live in Kentucky :heh:

No nightlife. No Shopping. Gotta take a fukking cab, or drive just to go to the store. fukk that shyt. I'll pay extra to have everything around me :blackye:

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
get off my dikk already u corny motherfukker

wwe-payback-o.gif