$1500-$1600 apts in NYC

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah but this is the city :ahh: So much shyt to do. :ahh:

I mean for the price I paid for that, you could rent a 4 BEDROOM house in somewhere like Kentucky. But who the fukk wants to live in Kentucky :heh:

No nightlife. No Shopping. Gotta take a fukking cab, or drive just to go to the store. fukk that shyt. I'll pay extra to have everything around me :blackye:

I feel you on that when ever I'm up there in like they got everything we got around my way cept a million of each. The convenience is unparalleled. But them prices breh ouch.

Daps
I know plenty of people paying in and around $1000 for 1 bdrms. Most are in the Bronx and with little nightlife but just a few Subway stops/short drive outside Manhattan. My cuz just moved into a place in Melrose, The Bronx.

2 bdrm 2 bath Duplex with a patio for $1500, 2 stops outside Manhattan, 5 minute walk to the station. He works by 14th St. his Subway ride is about 20 min. each way. He is into that healthy lifestyle and jogs into Manhattan via the 3rd Ave Bridge.

My advice is to come to NY, walk around and get a feel for a place. Check with Subway lines will be convenient, pick a few places (Bar, Restaurant etc.) hang out at night and do a trial run of your commute. See if you can live with it and F a broker fee, most buildings have a Management Company # to call for apts. Ask to speak to the Super they always know when an apt in empty.

fa sho, def goin out there to beat the pavement and see for myself what's available. I don't mind bein out of the mix as far as night life if there are things within a few train stops away..good lookin

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
wwe-payback-o.gif
fukk does that even mean? I gotta stop talking to u nerds

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
I'm 37...I am not getting a roommate lol. I found a place in Alexandria for about $1400. It's 713 sq ft.

I live in North Carolina right now. I pay $710 for 756 sq ft apartment.

I'm paying $1125 for a studio in Baltimore :sadcam::beli:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I live Manhattan. I moved into a condo my family owns at the beginning of the year but the year before that my rent was ~$3,000+ for a full-service doorman building

If you want to live in not only Manhattan but in the "nicer" parts of the borough, you'll have to open up that wallet. If you want to live in a full service building in those "nicer" parts as opposed to a shytty walk up then that's an additional premium as well.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I don't know. Some memories, some friendships and shyt. I wouldn't mind starting to a pay mortgage in my 30s. Which is the ideal time to start onr. 20s should be about holding down a good job, fukking girls, and becoming more cultured. That's enough to show for me. :ehhh:

What you do for a living and what type of degree you got?

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
I'm 37...I am not getting a roommate lol. I found a place in Alexandria for about $1400. It's 713 sq ft.

Bro, there isn't shyt happening out in Alexandria. If you're going to live in DC, you have to live in the city. Trust me. Look at Bloomingdale, columbia heights or the H Street Corridor.

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green

Im on that NC wave..I was "scouting Raleigh/Cary" 2 months ago...alot of nice places for less than I pay in NY.....but the costs seem to be slowing rising ( prolly bc all the northerners are flockin there)