2/20 ESPN: Miguel Berchelt vs Oscar Valdez (WBC Super Featherweight Title)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IceDragon

All Star
Daps
Great fight, Valdez did his thing and it's still going to be a great learning experience because he almost blew it. He gassed out hard and if Berchelt actually had anything left after that 4th round, we would have been looking at a different result. Stamina and doing a bit less reaching with the hooks and overhands is something that will need to be worked on, which i'm sure they will.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
I thought Valdez didn't have the power to do it, speed yeah but power no

But Berchelt is pretty bad, he's slow and doesn't move well...

Probably the worse Title Holder I've seen in a minute, he didn't do anything well.

Very hard to win at that weight and be slow

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I thought Valdez didn't have the power to do it, speed yeah but power no

But Berchelt is pretty bad, he's slow and doesn't move well...

Probably the worse Title Holder I've seen in a minute, he didn't do anything well.

Very hard to win at that weight and be slow

Nah thats not really an accurate picture of him....he's far from the worst champion of anything..he's also not slow..the biggest complaint about him was he was cleaning up fighters that were already battle tested and worn in that division

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Nah thats not really an accurate picture of him....he's far from the worst champion of anything..he's also not slow..the biggest complaint about him was he was cleaning up fighters that were already battle tested and worn in that division

See below for my thoughts

I'm guessing dude was fighting scrubs for years to get those wins but the human eye test shows dude looked dog slow and had no defense, bad headmovement and just looked all around terrible.

If Valdez had more power he would have gotten him out there much quicker but like breh I quoted said I'm think Berchelt was the second coming of GGG but looked terrible. I can't see how he got some far with that speed and lack of defense.

I wasn't impressed at all for a champ to look so bad, dude's punches where way too slow..

The way y’all talked up Berchelt and downplayed Valdez, I would have thought Berchelt was like a 130 version of GGG. Never again am I going along with groupthink, cause I was going for Valdez but thought he had no chance in hell.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
The way y’all talked up Berchelt and downplayed Valdez, I would have thought Berchelt was like a 130 version of GGG. Never again am I going along with groupthink, cause I was going for Valdez but thought he had no chance in hell.

dog we live in a world where adam lopez gave valdez a harder fight than berchelt...and adam lopez is a damn prospect :heh:...valdez was looking worn down and getting in all type of debilitating wars with guys not really perceived on his level breh

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
dog we live in a world where adam lopez gave valdez a harder fight than berchelt...and adam lopez is a damn prospect :heh:...valdez was looking worn down and getting in all type of debilitating wars with guys not really perceived on his level breh
I heard how definitive y’all nikkas were on the pod...

SphericalQuarrelsomeHorsefly-size_restricted.gif

:hubie:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

Group think and listening to the media will leave you with the I eat ass face. I only had two concerns for this fight: If Valdez could take Berchelt's punches and if Valdez's power would carry up to 130. Other than that it was obvious who the more skilled complete fighter was even before Reynoso got ahold of Valdez. A lot of people knock fighters for having tough fights against good competition where they had adversity (Valdez) and praise others for blowing out jobbers and no hopers(Berchelt) and then wonder why once the one who had been fighting no hopers finally steps in there with a battle tested guy he looks ordinary as fukk. In boxing the number one way to measure the quality of a fighter is THEIR LEVEL OF COMPETITION, more so than any other sport. We see how easy it is to get and collect belts in the vacant belt/3 or 4 belt per weight class era, and jump weight classes and pick and choose who you want to fight and avoid others. That's why I put more stock on guys who have cleaned up divisions or fought good competition than being a 3, 4, 5, 6 weight champion and shyt because usually when you jump that many weight classes you weren't fighting the absolute best you could have fought at every weight class.

Part of it is the Floyd effect, people think if you aren't 10-2 or 12-0 every fight younare a bad fighter, most of the time in the history of boxing when a good fighter fights another good fighter they usually win by like MD or something because at the top level you aren't just gonna run through other top level fighters. They made it to where they are for a reason, and it isn't because they suck.