Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
2 - 6 Months to Live & the Cool Thing About Cancer

Dr. Dan Says​

15KLikes
429,403Views
Sep 232023
A long overdue update! Unfortunately, things aren't going the direction I was hoping. But I'm the happiest I've been in my life :smile: The bullet-points: - Signatera & CEA bloodwork both jumped 10x in the past 4 mos - Onco estimates I have 2 - 6 months left - 3 options are: experimental trial of immunotherapy, old chemo again, or do nothing - New spot on head of pancreas (biggest threat right now) - Liver spot stable - Lung spots growing a bit - how cancer has made me happier All my love and prayers to every one of you! I know I can't respond to everyone, but I feel your love, and I appreciate you more than you know! :smile:

Some of us are so lucky all we have to worry about is day-to-day stuff and fussing online about the “gender war”. I’m guilty of it too, but we do need to stop, smell the roses and appreciate our lives. Let’s remember to be intentional in what we say and do.

JasoRockStar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Charleston, SC
I think that the reason most folks place on their energy on trivial matters is because there's *relative* stability in their lives compared to other people. There's no real major conflict going on with them so they have to amplify something that's minor to keep themselves entertained.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I remember this lady that I knew who had terminal cancer she didn't tell anyone but her kids. And then did everything she always wanted to, travel the world see different countries, cultures etc. and then the cancer got worse and she die.

Most of us are ignorant and think we are going to live a long life and die at an old age, when literally any day can be our last. When you have a terminal disease it puts things into perspective to live in the now.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
It's a good point.

The Universe is billions of years old. It was here before us and will be here long after we're gone.

We only got 70 years on this planet if we're lucky. Make the most of it and treasure those times with your loved ones.

I read somewhere once:
If you're an adult it's most likely you've already spent most the time with those closest with you already.
You saw these people everyday when you were younger, now you see them every once-in-a-while and although it may be often as an adult, most of the time you've spent with them chances are has already been past. So when you see or talk to them again, make the most of it.

That's something to think about. Don't be too passive with those you care about and when you have a chance if it's not too inconvenient try to meet up with people who are close to you when they want to see you. Don't get too caught up in yourself and the grind - the people you care about the most are also a big part of what defines you. Don't let stress ruin some memories.

Last edited:

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just a reminder that there is real shyt happening out there.

Some of us are so lucky all we have to worry about is day-to-day stuff and fussing online about the “gender war”. I’m guilty of it too, but we do need to stop, smell the roses and appreciate our lives. Let’s remember to be intentional in what we say and do.
A somber post but a nice message.

Yea, I've had family, friends, and associates pass from health issues or are living with it.
It is hard to digest the silly BS that I see online and in IRL but I don't let it affect me and try and spread positivity as much as I can along with popping jokes along the way.

There's a lot of beauty in this world. Try as much as you can to stop and enjoy it. :obama:

Maruchan

Pro
Daps
Meh...life is so great...work sleep work drink fukk work...so cool