Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I made a thread on this earlier

If you played these songs for a gathering of Contemporary Rap fans

Would they get hype or would they look at you crazy and demand you play some mf Cardi B?

I feel that anything over 12 mos old is completely dead to the Contemporary Rap fan

As a Classic Hip Hop guy, I gave up on new music in 2003. So I don't recognize anything in the OP

Exhibit C is something I been meaning.to check out (Jay Electeonica, right?) but I will just as likely forget all about it again in 5 minutes

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Raekwon -Cuban Linx 2

Kid Cudi debut and tape (ok I know this came out months before in 08 but I bumped it more in 09, that plus the album dude was my rookie that year)
Jay-Z -Blueprint 3 (Solid and fun album all things considered for a commercial album)

Rick Ross-Deeper than Rap (Might be Ross' classic and changed his career)
The Clipse -Till the Casket Drops (Am I the only one who thinks this shyt is underrated? Footsteps:wow:)
Mos Def-The Estatic (:wow:)
Eminem with Relapse (So....at the time I thought this was a decent comeback and remember thinking he was bugging for saying it sucked ...I did go back and hear it recently well....:patrice:)
50 Cent Before I self destruct (I guess this was kinda the start of the end but I kinda liked parts of it and maybe more than Curtis:manny:)

Jadakiss

Pac Div

Cam byke

Wiz on thre mixtapes still

Snoop Malice In Wonderland

The Kurpt and DJ Quik album

Not a bad year all in all

19-

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
I made a thread on this earlier

If you played these songs for a gathering of Contemporary Rap fans

Would they get hype or would they look at you crazy and demand you play some mf Cardi B?

I feel that anything over 12 mos old is completely dead to the Contemporary Rap fan

As a Classic Hip Hop guy, I gave up on new music in 2003. So I don't recognize anything in the OP

Exhibit C is something I been meaning.to check out (Jay Electeonica, right?) but I will just as likely forget all about it again in 5 minutes
exhibit c is a must listen. easily one of the best rap songs of the last ten years to me

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Prime Weezy :wow:

Autotune Weezy :wow:

No Ceilings :wow:

Fab dropped TINC mixtapes:wow: