2013-2014 Apple Gaming Console? Coming? Probably

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
If they were to do it, It would be through appleTV. Other than that, this is just wishful thinking. I can't see them developing a stand alone console. They already have multiple platforms to play games on, why create another? why not just buy a mac mini?

It would make more sense to push the Game Center and control the market place, which is what apple loves to do.

33Degreed

Superstar Vet
Daps
Reppin
Bmf fairytale land
If they were to do it, It would be through appleTV. Other than that, this is just wishful thinking. I can't see them developing a stand alone console. They already have multiple platforms to play games on, why create another? why not just buy a mac mini?

It would make more sense to push the Game Center and control the market place, which is what apple loves to do.

Microsoft had many products tapping into gaming as well, from PC Window Gaming, but still tapped into the Videogame industry, why? Because its a Billion dollar market. This is a untapped market for Apple to cover for the future. Yeah the Mac is for computing, the Iphone is for phones, Ipad for handheld gaming. But this is the Video game industry we're talking about, and Apple has a loyal fanbase that would support it. They could showcase the power of a dedicated hardware to gaming while advancing they're gaming base. Mac has always been the underdog for gaming thats why it makes sense this would be knife in MS, because Apple feels like MS is trying to takeover that market. They could make a machine as fancy and shiny with tech as Xbox and Ps3 and would be considered a player, they have the interface skill to build a network like Xbox Live as well. Apple is known for taking its time and really thinking planning things out effectively. This is a money industry and Apple will want to be considered as OS company, a Product creator.. Sony jumped in .. MS jumped in.. why wouldnt u believe Apple wouldn't do the same:troll:y

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
If they use the same business model that they use for the iphone/Ipad

It will be a flop on epic levels

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
Microsoft had many products tapping into gaming as well, from PC Window Gaming, but still tapped into the Videogame industry, why? Because its a Billion dollar market. This is a untapped market for Apple to cover for the future. Yeah the Mac is for computing, the Iphone is for phones, Ipad for handheld gaming. But this is the Video game industry we're talking about, and Apple has a loyal fanbase that would support it. They could showcase the power of a dedicated hardware to gaming while advancing they're gaming base. Mac has always been the underdog for gaming thats why it makes sense this would be knife in MS, because Apple feels like MS is trying to takeover that market. They could make a machine as fancy and shiny with tech as Xbox and Ps3 and would be considered a player, they have the interface skill to build a network like Xbox Live as well. Apple is known for taking its time and really thinking planning things out effectively. This is a money industry and Apple will want to be considered as OS company, a Product creator.. Sony jumped in .. MS jumped in.. why wouldnt u believe Apple wouldn't do the same:troll:y

Like I said before, this is all wishful thinking. The reality is that the gaming industry is stagnant.

Secondly Apple doesn't even ship a dvd-drive in there computers anymore, why would they now invest in a console that mainly functions to plays dvd's?

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
People play games on their cellphones and everything is being connected...court you seem to be out of touch a bit.

Have you been keeping up with what is going on lately? Mobile is more important than anything else right now...thats why SONY does not want to leave the mobile space.

You have about half of this tech shyt right...don't slip with the mobile side of things.
You kinda glossed over what I originally said. Nobody gives a fukk about "connecting" your gaming from the tV to on the go :stopitslime:
It never caught on when Nintendo was doing it back on the fukkin GAMEBOY
shyt was never popular. Just cuz you can do it doesn't mean we all flocking to that bullshyt.
PSP had the remote play option, only ps3 centric tech heads even thought about trying that bullshyt
Vita now has it, and its supposed to be the new must have feature :wtf:
The Vita is failing, is a joke. So all those are horrible examples.

As for cell phone gaming, they are good for what they provide.
You in a long line, you might wanna play a round or two of domino's :yeshrug:
But what makes phone games great is the fact you can get enjoyment with it FAST. A console game takes time, attention. shyt you don't usually have when you out and about. This feature is for children, then adults with literally NOTHING ON THERE AGENDA
Must be nice to have free time like that, but thats not the average ADULT
The two markets are not merging, unless you wanna talk about things like XBLA. Console games, 15hr campaigns on a phone :what:
That shyt wouldn't even be good for your eyes...
Why would they need to get Mobile games on par with Pc? Apple can buy development studios if they want.. this is Apples.. you must of forgot years ago MS never touched videogames and was basicly same boat as Apple. Apple has the tech to build and design a monster machine and give it the software and developing tools, and could require Programming Companys as MS did.. example Rare was once Nintendo.. They could put out a gaming console media station brand it with iphone/ipad connectivity mini games/apps get enuff 3rd party support like MS and be a force, like someone else said Apple prototype hardware for years n years before releasing..
No, they need to get there MAC games on par with PC. Mac too often doesn't get shyt PC gets, or it gets it much later with less support
You saying M$ did it, why can't apple? Apple doesn't have the relationships Microsoft has. Simple as that. M$ via the PC platform already had its mitts into things. Now they took over the console industry.
Apple can try, but it would take at least 2gens to get anywhere.
Microsoft knew they would lose money on the xbox.. didn't even try to make money. Each Xbox was made from off the shelf parts of PC's. They way they put the system together was for a loss. But to make that back in the future.
Apple right now is trying to fight off its competition in the tablet/phone market
they can't afford to do the reseasrch and development of a new system and all the other shyt they doing
It would cripple them financially. And before you say "They rich" so was sony at once point. But the ps3 took all that money from them (Tru Story)
Apple devloping systems, phones, tablets all at the same time while losing ground in each area?

Suicide bruh.. this system is NOT happening

courtdogs3gs

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
PISS STAINED MATTRESS
It astonishes me that you can post on here yet won't TAKE THE TIME to find us and the kids a new mattress. Poor kids go to school smelling like piss and feces. Let's not forget they sent the kids home from school cause they thought lil jimmy had a colostomy bag on him. Smh :to: not to mention when we go out I get laughed at for being so old. :sadcam: kinda pathetic you care more about the crappy Xbox and the-coli than you do the kids. I should butt dial social services on you.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
You kinda glossed over what I originally said. Nobody gives a fukk about "connecting" your gaming from the tV to on the go :stopitslime:
It never caught on when Nintendo was doing it back on the fukkin GAMEBOY
shyt was never popular. Just cuz you can do it doesn't mean we all flocking to that bullshyt.
PSP had the remote play option, only ps3 centric tech heads even thought about trying that bullshyt
Vita now has it, and its supposed to be the new must have feature :wtf:
The Vita is failing, is a joke. So all those are horrible examples.

As for cell phone gaming, they are good for what they provide.
You in a long line, you might wanna play a round or two of domino's :yeshrug:
But what makes phone games great is the fact you can get enjoyment with it FAST. A console game takes time, attention. shyt you don't usually have when you out and about. This feature is for children, then adults with literally NOTHING ON THERE AGENDA
Must be nice to have free time like that, but thats not the average ADULT
The two markets are not merging, unless you wanna talk about things like XBLA. Console games, 15hr campaigns on a phone :what:
That shyt wouldn't even be good for your eyes...

No, they need to get there MAC games on par with PC. Mac too often doesn't get shyt PC gets, or it gets it much later with less support
You saying M$ did it, why can't apple? Apple doesn't have the relationships Microsoft has. Simple as that. M$ via the PC platform already had its mitts into things. Now they took over the console industry.
Apple can try, but it would take at least 2gens to get anywhere.
Microsoft knew they would lose money on the xbox.. didn't even try to make money. Each Xbox was made from off the shelf parts of PC's. They way they put the system together was for a loss. But to make that back in the future.
Apple right now is trying to fight off its competition in the tablet/phone market
they can't afford to do the reseasrch and development of a new system and all the other shyt they doing
It would cripple them financially. And before you say "They rich" so was sony at once point. But the ps3 took all that money from them (Tru Story)
Apple devloping systems, phones, tablets all at the same time while losing ground in each area?

Suicide bruh.. this system is NOT happening
The reason the Vita is off to a slow start is because Sony apparently does not learn from their mistakes of overpricing things initially. The PSP got off to the same start because it was overpriced and sold about 70+ million units as of last year according to the internet, not as much as Nintendo but still a success.

Once the price goes down sales should pick up for the Vita. I bet the Ouya and ICS allow for people to play angry birds and have it sync automatically to their android phones...people want things connected at all times. You (and almost everyone else on here) just fail to realize trends right from the start. You are limiting yourself to thinking about 15+ hour gaming...again a trend that is slowly moving away from the norm. Do you guys fear change or what is it? Do you realize that the most talked about games on your beloved xbox 360 this year were downloadable titles before Halo 4 came out recently?

EVERYTHING is merging to mobile and being connected at all times...are you serious? :wtf:

You are starting to remind me of that desktop crowd who refused to believe that laptops would become the lead on the PC side of things because "Desktops are faster, can do more, can offer more." Mobility is #1 over anything else...you will soon understand that. Microsoft understands, how do I know that? Look at Windows 8 and the push they are trying to make for mobile...you being a Microsoft fanboy makes sense now that I think of it. Microsoft was slow getting their foot into mobile and you are falling into that same boat of old heads who are holding on to what made the platform successful...fearing change.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
you must of forgot years ago MS never touched videogames and was basicly same boat as Apple. .
:what:
MS been in the gaming loop since the inception...yea it was on PC but they had dedicated studios and hardware divisions SPECIFICALLY for gaming.

the leap to the consoles wasnt such a huge leap tech-wise for them as it will be for apple.

cant discount experience in these things, otherwise you end up with apple maps type crap

33Degreed

Superstar Vet
Daps
Reppin
Bmf fairytale land
:what:
MS been in the gaming loop since the inception...yea it was on PC but they had dedicated studios and hardware divisions SPECIFICALLY for gaming.

the leap to the consoles wasnt such a huge leap tech-wise for them as it will be for apple.

cant discount experience in these things, otherwise you end up with apple maps type crap
:beli: So your saying Apple can't require a Software development Company that is dedicated in Gaming design, they are a Software and Tech Company.. The main goal would be building the gaming machine that's the main focus is the tech invention, they could always require Software company's to merge first party developement. The truth is they quantifications for building a powerful machine in tech advancements. They do build technology right? :youngsabo:

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
The reason the Vita is off to a slow start is because Sony apparently does not learn from their mistakes of overpricing things initially. The PSP got off to the same start because it was overpriced and sold about 70+ million units as of last year according to the internet, not as much as Nintendo but still a success.

Once the price goes down sales should pick up for the Vita. I bet the Ouya and ICS allow for people to play angry birds and have it sync automatically to their android phones...people want things connected at all times. You (and almost everyone else on here) just fail to realize trends right from the start. You are limiting yourself to thinking about 15+ hour gaming...again a trend that is slowly moving away from the norm. Do you guys fear change or what is it? Do you realize that the most talked about games on your beloved xbox 360 this year were downloadable titles before Halo 4 came out recently?

EVERYTHING is merging to mobile and being connected at all times...are you serious? :wtf:

You are starting to remind me of that desktop crowd who refused to believe that laptops would become the lead on the PC side of things because "Desktops are faster, can do more, can offer more." Mobility is #1 over anything else...you will soon understand that. Microsoft understands, how do I know that? Look at Windows 8 and the push they are trying to make for mobile...you being a Microsoft fanboy makes sense now that I think of it. Microsoft was slow getting their foot into mobile and you are falling into that same boat of old heads who are holding on to what made the platform successful...fearing change.
Bruh, mobile gaming is a multi billion dollar industry, wtf are you talking about.
M$ is trying there hand, Windows phone isn't cheap, and this isn't there first attempt at them
With that said, your talking like if Mobile gaming is even the same thing as console gaming :stopitslime:
Too completely different markets. As a gamer who has been one for 30yrs now
Why the fukk would I give a giddy ghat damn if I can take angry birds with me from my console to my phone you say :what:
First off, Angry birds is free. And is a mobile game. Console games, nobody wants angry birds on console. Trust me, its on Kinect. Its great. It cost $40
Its free on phones, so this particular version is a flop based off of GP (even tho its good/fun)
Console games you spend hours on, no adult has hours to spend ON THE GO

What are you, in the hospital or something? The average age of gamers is like 36yrs old (look it up) sorry to break this to ya.
Grown ass men are not itching for the opportunity to play Vita-COD in line at wal-mart
Thats not the case now or ever. Cell phones are becoming powerful enough to run console games tho. The charm is the quick fix, not bringing your campaign with you on the road. That shyt would of made my grades at school ever worse :youngsabo: Man, how much of LIFE I would of missed out if what you was talking about was popular back then.

What you THINK is our future, is sad and pathetic. I hope for all our sakes most ppl don't think/agree with you
I'm confident with the help of Michelle, we'll whip you kids into shape :cape:
:beli: So your saying Apple can't require a Software development Company that is dedicated in Gaming design, they are a Software and Tech Company.. The main goal would be building the gaming machine that's the main focus is the tech invention, they could always require Software company's to merge first party developement. The truth is they quantifications for building a powerful machine in tech advancements. They do build technology right? :youngsabo:
Any company with money can try. But what the fukk does apple know about video gaming?
They make phones and PC's, they don't make games bruh. And they don't handle games on there PC all that fantastic either
They could try there hand, but what would make gamers want to buy there product over whats out there?
They have no experience in gaming, NONE. You think just cuz its apple they can succeed at anything? :stopitslime: