2015 Cadillac ATS Coupe

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Yup. No real need for rears on a non-high performance car. The V models will have them all around.
Well, the Infiniti G35 top-of-line option had Brembo calipers on front and back. No corners were cut.
Yes, the ATS is not a high-performance car, but it's supposed to be a luxury sports car. If not, they might as well have gone 100% ghey and put on drum brakes.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Well, the Infiniti G35 top-of-line option had Brembo calipers on front and back. No corners were cut.
Yes, the ATS is not a high-performance car, but it's supposed to be a luxury sports car. If not, they might as well have gone 100% ghey and put on drum brakes.
That's not cutting corners. The E90 M3 didn't have fixed calipers at all.
IMG_3192.JPG

The Jaguar F-Type doesn't have them either and I can tell you from experience that it can stop on a dime. Some cars don't need them all around especially since most cars rely much more on front brakes than rears.

The G37's had one piston Akebonos on the rear which make almost no improvement over a regular one piston caliper. They are mostly for show. Comparable Lexuses, BMWs, and Audis do just fine without fixed calipers.

It's really overkill until you step up to the BMW M, Cadillac V, Audi S/RS, Lexus, F, etc. models.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
That's not cutting corners. The E90 M3 didn't have fixed calipers at all.

The Jaguar F-Type doesn't have them either and I can tell you from experience that it can stop on a dime. Some cars don't need them all around especially since most cars rely much more on front brakes than rears.

The G37's had one piston Akebonos on the rear which make almost no improvement over a regular one piston caliper. They are mostly for show. Comparable Lexuses, BMWs, and Audis do just fine without fixed calipers.

It's really overkill until you step up to the BMW M, Cadillac V, Audi S/RS, Lexus, F, etc. models.
Hmm, all good points. The ATS isn't hauling butt with it's v-6 or I4 turbo engines. Why even bother with Brembo calipers at all? They could have used Escalade calipers if they wanted something beefy and overkill.