2018 Ibeabuchi-Tua? Anthony Joshua-Joseph Parker (WBA/WBO/IBF Heavyweight Title Unification)

Who Wins

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
joshua-parker-belts.jpg

upload_2018-3-3_9-44-35.png

A heavyweight title unification between champions Anthony Joshua (20-0, 20 KOs) and Joseph Parker (24-0, 18 KOs) has been officially set for March 31st at Principality Stadium in Cardiff, per an ESPN.com report. Joshua will be putting his IBF and WBA world titles on the line while Parker will dangle his WBO title.

Joshua broke the news and said that he expects a tough fight, just like when he took on Wladimir Klitschko in a spectacular heavyweight showdown last year.

“These fights aren’t easy because there is a lot on the line, so respect to team Parker for taking the challenge. And you know me, I love this game. I am looking forward to it, training camp is underway and before you know it March 31 will be upon us. Stay tuned for more news and I will see you all soon, God bless.”

Joshua, 28, is most recently coming off a stoppage win over Carlos Takam last October, his first defense as a unified titleholder. Meanwhile Parker, 26, last took a majority decision win over Hughie Fury last September. With the deal officially signed and sealed, Parker says the world if finally about to find out if Joshua can really take a punch.

The winner of this unification match will hold three of the four major world titles in the heavyweight division, with the last green belt being held by Deontay Wilder. An undisputed unification bout with Wilder could be on tap for later this year, God willing, and the division hasn't had an undisputed champion since Lennox Lewis back in 1999 — making that a pretty big deal.

Inferno

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East Bay
Only common opponent between them

Takam hit Parker with some flush shots and even had him backing up a lot, and Parker's technique looked a little sloppy though his chin does seem solid. This was almost 2 years ago though versus Joshua fighting Takam a few months ago, and he's still young so we'll see if he's improved.