2018 Wrestling Predictions

reigun

Superstar
Daps
So I was just listening to the Going in Raw podcast and they had an episode where they make predictions for the new year while also going over their predictions from the start of 2017. While listening, I thought it would be a fun thread to start the year with.

Here's how it works. You can make two kinds of predictions: general predictions about the happenings in promotions/industry (signings, quitting, NXT callups, shows, etc.) and you can make predictions about titles.

Now, for titles, you are predicting who you think will hold the belt at the end of the year. That is, who you think will hold a certain title when 2019 starts. You can only pick one person (or team) per title. If you want to include other title holders for a belt in your general predictions, go ahead.

At the beginning of next year, I will bump this thread and everyone who posted can see how they did.

My predictions are going to focus on WWE cause that's mainly what I watch, but this isn't a WWE only thread. If you have predictions for NJPW, Impact, Lucha Underground, etc., feel free to drop them in here.

Raw Titles

Universial Champion: Braun Strowman
IC Champion: Roman Reigns (in keeping with the tradition of him getting a random midcard title reign at the end of the year)
Tag Team Champions: The Authors of Pain
Crusierweight Champion: Johnny Gargano
Women's Champion: Asuka

Smackdown Titles

WWE Champion: AJ Styles
US Title: Aleister Black
Tag Team Champions: The New Day
Women's Champion: Becky Lynch

NXT Titles
NXT Champion: Velveteen Dream
UK Title: Pete Dunne
Tag Team Champions: Street Profits
Women's Champion: Kairi Sane

General Predictions

- We'll get more rumors/stories of Impact being in financial trouble and potentially closing up shop. The company will still be around in 2019.

- 205 Live will get cancelled. The Crusierweight Title will still be around, but as a regular belt on Raw. The current 205 roster will be cut down with some of the current guys being released or sent to Smackdown, and we'll see more main roster talent competing for the belt.

- Daniel Bryan will be unable to convince WWE to let him wrestle. He rolls out when his contract is up in September and heads to the indie scene. His first high profile match is in New Japan against Kenny Omega.

- NXT Callups: The Authors of Pain (Raw), The Iconic Duo (SD), Aleister Black (SD), Shayna Bazler (Raw), Ember Moon (SD), Sanity (Raw, mainly so Raw can get Nikki Cross), Gargano (Raw), Ciampa (Raw)

- Other Universial Title holders: Reigns, Samoa Joe, The Miz

- Other WWE Title Holders: John Cena so he can break Flair's record. He drops it back to AJ before heading out for his next Hollywood project.

- We'll continue to hear rumors of Women's Tag Division in WWE. Nothing comes of it till 2019 though.

- Charlotte moves back to Raw. Breaks Asuka's streak.

- Male Money in the Bank Winner: The Miz

- Female Money in the Bank Winner: Alexa Bliss