88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The Onion
"This is a great opportunity for us to get a lot of face time with the presidential candidates about addressing our needs in their platforms."

About this website

POLITICS.THEONION.COM

Nation’s Bison Hold Lavish Fundraiser In Effort To Get 2020 Candidates To Support Environment
BUTTE, MT—In a glitzy venue filled with the biggest names in the wildlife community, the nation’s bison hosted an opulent gala fundraiser Friday in an effort to convince the 2020 Democratic candidates to support the environment. “This is a great opportunity for us to get a lot of face time wit...

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I think Iowa being a caucus helps Sanders and Warren but mostly Warren.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think Iowa being a caucus helps Sanders and Warren but mostly Warren.
I don’t fully disagree with you, but I’m curious about your reasoning. I think caucus states will help Liz, but not more than Bernie. As annoying as I think Bernie supports are, they are also the most dedicated. Because the caucus process is pure fukkery, the candidates with the most dedicated supporter have the advantage. I know Liz is currently surging in Iowa, and I think she will end up winning it. However, I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Bernie pull it off, even if he is behind in the polls. Along with dedicated supporters Bernie have a strong organization, and a proven ground game. He also have plenty of money (I know Liz and Biden have money to).

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I don’t fully disagree with you, but I’m curious about your reasoning. I think caucus states will help Liz, but not more than Bernie. As annoying as I think Bernie supports are, they are also the most dedicated. Because the caucus process is pure fukkery, the candidates with the most dedicated supporter have the advantage. I know Liz is currently surging in Iowa, and I think she will end up winning it. However, I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Bernie pull it off, even if he is behind in the polls. Along with dedicated supporters Bernie have a strong organization, and a proven ground game. He also have plenty of money (I know Liz and Biden have money to).
The demographic profile of the voter. Bernie supporters are working class people and more educated people and those with the time participate in caucus states. Bernie also has a 20 point lead with young people but I don’t know if you convince them to stay at a caucus. Biden and Sanders have diverse coalitions and Liz’ base is all white people right now. Iowa is tailor made for her. It’s also why she will be competitive in New Hampshire despite Sanders winning that by like 30 in 2016. Sanders and Warren could go 1-2 in the first two states. It’s also why Bernie is spending all that time in South Carolina to lessen the blow of a loss there.

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The demographic profile of the voter. Bernie supporters are working class people and more educated people and those with the time participate in caucus states. Bernie also has a 20 point lead with young people but I don’t know if you convince them to stay at a caucus. Biden and Sanders have diverse coalitions and Liz’ base is all white people right now. Iowa is tailor made for her. It’s also why she will be competitive in New Hampshire despite Sanders winning that by like 30 in 2016. Sanders and Warren could go 1-2 in the first two states. It’s also why Bernie is spending all that time in South Carolina to lessen the blow of a loss there.
I can see this happening. I know young voters are typically unreliable, but I think Bernie have enough hard core supporters to make a run at it in Iowa. I know the historical data points to you being right, but we’ll see. NH will be interesting. The last two democratic presidential cycles NH voted the opposite of Iowa.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
People acting like Warren is out here doing string theory on the campaign trail are being disingenuous. She consistently threads the needle between detail and declarative moral statements. Just look at her performance during the recent climate town hall, or the CNN debate. She has an uncanny ability to distill wonky concepts into easily understandable and digestible concepts. Look at how she described breaking up Amazon or her 2% wealth tax. In fact, if someone can point to a Warren speech or campaign event that is too abstruse for the general population, I'd love to see it.
They are trolling. She’s always making an effort to relate to the everyday person with her stories. What differentiates her from the average candidate is she actually can connect to the every day person. They just haven’t met her yet in some places. She will continue to rise up the polls and will be in it til the end at minimum.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
What differentiates her from the average candidate is she actually can connect to the every day person.
She's a Harvard lawyer and most of her supporters are well-off college grads.

But the Iowa caucus isn't until February. Y'all got plenty of time to spread misinformation.

But it's not going to work. :shaq:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
They are trolling. She’s always making an effort to relate to the everyday person with her stories. What differentiates her from the average candidate is she actually can connect to the every day person. They just haven’t met her yet in some places. She will continue to rise up the polls and will be in it til the end at minimum.
Nevada and South Carolina will make or break her campaign.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
exactly. people keep skipping over her middle class/midwestern upbringing, how she connects to "real americans" via her religious background, etc. all her "folksy charm" that allows her to connect with middle and lower middle income folks gets thrown out because harvard, lawyer, elite liberals, too many detailed plans :bryan:

Honestly I think "elitist" is the most overused term of our time. It basically means "Anybody who doesn't dumb themselves down sufficiently to appeal to the lowest common denominator".

Maybe I'm in the minority but I'd prefer a president that comes off as educated and intelligent. The anti-intellectualism in American culture is just :scust:

But then again Trump is president and will probably be reelected so maybe being smart is a liability in American politics :snoop: