Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
Defensive tackle just to see the fanbase be apoplectic again.

Theyre gonna go LT/RT because it’s clear Douglas can’t identify offensive tackle talent later and if they lose their jobs they’ll make sure O-Line won’t be why. What they should do is draft Bowers because it’s clear they’re awful at identifying offensive talent of any kind later in the draft since they don’t believe in it.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
They’re clearly on a year to year thing with AR8. The acquisitions in the offseason don’t make this a necessity for an OL pick. Even if they did pick an OL, I would be highly dubious on any of the guys available when they pick to perform at an all-pro level out the gate.

Bowers I’m intrigued in but 10 seems really high for him. Realistically I’d like to trade back and get some picks but if I had to pick I’m taking Fuaga, sticking him at G and building a wall

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Take Bowers
Bowers is a can't miss to me, the Jets are fairly bereft of talent, take someone that can actually something with the ball in his hands

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
No to Bowers, the jets need OT/OG help.

Fatanu

This.
They want Bowers, understandably so. I think Tyler Conklin is a damn solid TE though.

This particular team cannot acquire ENOUGH OL. The failure to protect their QB -- regardless of who it was -- and consistently open holes in the run game was a devastating blow to their hopes last year.

Take the kid from Oregon State.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Breh, wtf:russ:? Kats in here saying that an OL isn't the priority like ARod didn't get his ass injured in game one because his line got manhandled:dead:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
No to Bowers, the jets need OT/OG help.

Fatanu
why are they incapable of finding O-Line help outside of the first round?
Breh, wtf:russ:? Kats in here saying that an OL isn't the priority like ARod didn't get his ass injured in game one because his line got manhandled:dead:
that's not why Rodgers got hurt.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
why are they incapable of finding O-Line help outside of the first round?

that's not why Rodgers got hurt.
In general, the best OL players historically are all first and 2nd round talent. I'd even go as far to say how fans and casuals think of WR's and "weapons" is actually how OL are when you actually look at the numbers.

I know the Chiefs did well recently with a bunch of 2nd-3rd rounders, but most Super Bowl teams and Pro Bowl Offensive Linemen are taken in the first and 2nd rounds. It's like legit the only position that closely follows draft position logic.

Good breakdown from a few years ago, offensive linemen by round:
OL-Raw-Draft-Data.png

OL-Starters-by-Draft-Round.png

The rate at which first round picks by position get a 2nd NFL contract:
fifth-year-option.jpg

I think another big reason why OT's are so high is they can flip to guard or even center if they got the skills for it. That gives them x3 chances to find a place on a team/NFL roster and provides additional depth. So players who are highly versatile like that honestly have the best chance of not being a draft bust. That's why I'm high on Fuaga and Fautanu this draft - they're basically guaranteed to hit. They have at least 4 position versatility if they don't work out at tackle straight up. Barton has two position versatility at Guard and Center. Another player who I like that's flying under the radar is Dominic Puni who has legit 5-position versatility.

Last edited:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
In general, the best OL players historically are all first and 2nd round talent.

I know the Chiefs did well recently with a bunch of 2nd-3rd rounders, but most Super Bowl teams and Pro Bowl Offensive Linemen are taken in the first and 2nd rounds. It's like legit the only position that closely follows draft position logic.

I'd even go as far to say how casuals think of WR's and "weapons" is actually how OL are.

Good breakdown from a few years ago, offensive linemen by round:
OL-Raw-Draft-Data.png

OL-Starters-by-Draft-Round.png

The rate at which first round picks by position get a 2nd NFL contract:
fifth-year-option.jpg

I think another big reason why OT's are so high is they can flip to guard or even center if they got the skills for it. That give them x3 chances to find a place on a team. So players who are highly versatile like that honestly have the best chance of not being a draft bust. That's why I'm high on Fuaga and Fautanu this draft - they're basically guaranteed to hit. They have at least 4 position versatility if they don't work out at tackle straight up. Barton has two position versatility at Guard and Center. Another player who I like that's flying under the radar is Dominic Puni who has legit 5-position versatility.
that's the case with pretty much any position of significance, but the last SB team to have crazy resources thrown at the line was 2013 with Seattle. Teams who win regardless of position, but curiously the O-Line, have been able to get great value out of the later rounds (or the cheaper value signings hit big). If the other late round swing or value signing that has paid off big time for them is Michael Carter II, no wonder why the franchise is unable to build anything sustainable.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I think the Jets did enough on the o/l-line. With Bowers, they would have three players who can take it to the house at any time in that offense (Hall/Wilson/Bowers).