2024 Congressional Elections: U.S. House is a jump ball; U.S. Senate leaning right

Your prediction?

• Total voters

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/1
It’s official. Angela Alsobrooks has won the Democratic nomination for the U.S. Senate seat in Maryland.

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196

1/2
My name is Angela Alsobrooks, and I am officially your Democratic nominee in Maryland’s Senate race.

On November 5, 2024, we are going to defeat Larry Hogan, keep Maryland blue, and keep our Senate under Democratic control — spread the word.

2/2
Republican extremists are already pouring millions of dollars into Maryland hoping they could flip our state red.

We are going to need all hands on deck to stop them. Can you share this and chip in today to help us start the general election off strong?

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/2
There were ten polls on the Maryland U.S. Senate Democratic Primary released this year.

David Trone led in seven of them, most by double digits. Angela Alsobrooks led in three, never by more than five points.

Alsobrooks just beat Trone by double digits.

Polling is a very imperfect science. It is fickle and frustrating and massively overrated despite its marginal utility.

Stop worrying about polling. It is most helpful only to pundits who use it as a crutch to make money and limited fame with quippy soundbites.

It is not worth your needless anxiety, especially six months out from a presidential election.

Again: stop worrying about polling.

2/2
Hi Sam! Would you like to reread the specific claims in this tweet and try again? Because your implication is that I said something inaccurate, and I did not. If you disagree with my editorializing about polling, that’s fine, and you should say so. But don’t imply I’m lying here.

GNlw06ebgAAyQPV.jpg

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
At best, the Senate will be 51 to 49 with GOP control.

The GOP Governor of West Virginia is going to win Manchin's seat. Former Governor Larry Hogan (a popular Governor) is going to destroy Alsobrooks to flip the Maryland seat to GOP.

I listened to a focus group and Dem voters did not have anything good go say about Alsobrooks. They were saying she doesn't do her current job so why should be rewarded with a Senate seat? She just happened to have all the big Dem endorsements.

Dems need to keep Ohio, Montana, Nevada and Arizona. With Trump on the top of the ticket, that will be a little harder but its possible. Losing all 4 would be 55 to 45.

Last edited:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

The GOP Governor of West Virginia is going to win Manchin's seat. Former Governor Larry Hogan (a popular Governor) is going to destroy Alsobrooks to flip the Maryland seat to GOP.

I listened to a focus group and Dem voters did not have anything good go say about Alsobrooks. They were saying she doesn't do her current job so why should be rewarded with a Senate seat? She just happened to have all the big Dem endorsements.

Dems need to keep Ohio, Montana, Nevada and Arizona. With Trump on the top of the ticket, that will be a little harder but its possible. Losing all 4 would be 55 to 45.
Hogan isn’t going to win

Bookmark this

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

:mjlol: