2024 NBA Draft Thread

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU

Just learned the Grizzlies season got cancelled and there is another 7ft French nikka in the draft. Sounds like Silver about to make it happen.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
I like that center from China. Probably the most intriguing player in an otherwise boring draft.
Very crafty player and passer. Drew early comparisons to Jokic and Sengun.

Dude is an ox and played really well vs top competition (including Sarr).

Last edited:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
We gotta go center if we don’t trade the pick. I’m thinking we should trade the pick though after the collection of players the front office went with these past few drafts.

O.iatlhawksfan

Biggest homer on the Coli
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I like that center from China. Probably the most intriguing player in an otherwise boring draft.
Very crafty player and passer. Drew early comparisons to Jokic and Sengun.

Dude is an ox and played really well vs top competition (including Sarr).

Is he really 18?

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Not familiar with this class
Is there a consensus #1?
Here for the coli pundits:feedme:

There is no consensus #1. One of the weaker drafts in a long time. There's not a lot of talent to like in this draft. Will be loaded with internationals and upperclassmen. The freshman in this class have been unimpressive. I would not be surprised if Bronny goes late lottery, even though he's had a heart attack.
France is starting to flex their muscles

They have 3 projected picks in the top 10 (Sarr, Risacher and Salaun).

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
Is he really 18?
Unsure really, but he didn't pop out of nowhere either so most likely is a legit 18. Played really well against the U.S, Spain, France, etc. last year.

Recently been putting on a show in the CBA:

A lot of nice creative, no look passings skills from that clip and overall post work.
Basically the foundational skills you want out of a modern point-center are promising: somebody hard to contain 1v1 and can pass the lights out.

Last edited:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps

Just learned the Grizzlies season got cancelled and there is another 7ft French nikka in the draft. Sounds like Silver about to make it happen.

AAU down 1000000

another skilled ready to play Euro

Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Not familiar with this class
Is there a consensus #1?
Here for the coli pundits:feedme:
7'1 kid Alexander Sarr from France playing in Australia is the favourite right now. I've seen Mobley-ish comparisons for him

There's a 6'9 wing also from France getting top 3 talks

There's a 6'6 pg Nikola Topic I think that I've seen a few ppl say could steal the number 1 spot

Those 3, a few other internationals and Zach Edey from Canada are probably the best players

Isaiah Collier from USC looked like he might get into that range, but he's been pretty bad for the last few months. Nobody wants to draft Americans nowadays anyways.

Why draft an American to sit on your bench or play in the gleague when you can get that same value from undrafted players

Really is crazy how America hasn't produced any real talent in so long

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
There is no consensus #1. One of the weaker drafts in a long time. There's not a lot of talent to like in this draft. Will be loaded with internationals and upperclassmen. The freshman in this class have been unimpressive. I would not be surprised if Bronny goes late lottery, even though he's had a heart attack.

They have 3 projected picks in the top 10 (Sarr, Risacher and Salaun).

I've watched college basketball and none of these dudes hvae impressed me

I remember coli was sucking off dj wagner, dude can barely make a shot