2024 NBA Draft Thread

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
7'1 kid Alexander Sarr from France playing in Australia is the favourite right now. I've seen Mobley-ish comparisons for him

There's a 6'9 wing also from France getting top 3 talks

There's a 6'6 pg Nikola Topic I think that I've seen a few ppl say could steal the number 1 spot

Those 3, a few other internationals and Zach Edey from Canada are probably the best players

Isaiah Collier from USC looked like he might get into that range, but he's been pretty bad for the last few months. Nobody wants to draft Americans nowadays anyways.

Why draft an American to sit on your bench or play in the gleague when you can get that same value from undrafted players

Really is crazy how America hasn't produced any real talent in so long

Edey made a good business decision coming back for his senior year because he might be able to finesse his way into getting taken in the 1st round this draft

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Edey made a good business decision coming back for his senior year because he might be able to finesse his way into getting taken in the 1st round this draft

Went from being projected undrafted in the 23 draft, to being mocked in the damn lottery this year by ESPN
Unsure really, but he didn't pop out of nowhere either so most likely is a legit 18. Played really well against the U.S, Spain, France, etc. last year.

Recently been putting on a show in the CBA:

A lot of nice creative, no look passings skills from that clip and overall post work.
Basically the foundational skills you want out of a modern point-center are promising: somebody hard to contain 1v1 and can pass the lights out.

I do like Yang, but his lack of athleticism is really concerning. But in a draft as weak as this one, he's worth a look in the 20s-30s because those passing skills are hard to ignore

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Went from being projected undrafted in the 23 draft, to being mocked in the damn lottery this year by ESPN

I do like Yang, but his lack of athleticism is really concerning. But in a draft as weak as this one, he's worth a look in the 20s-30s because those passing skills are hard to ignore
That's how I have him as well. Project player, but the core skills means 20-30 in a weaker draft.
A lot of bust potential so you don't go hoopla over them earlier than that, but if he hits is a gem.

Like what happened with Sengun - ideal if you have a 2nd pick in the first round. That way you don't upset your fanbase by reaching, nor do you run the risk of them not being there in the 2nd round.

Last edited:

Box Factory

haha
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang

I watched him in the u19s and he was really good. There was a big on Turkey too that was really good, can't remember who he is though

You know who had a lot of hype for an international guy but doesn't even look draftable to me ? Mara from Spain. Couple years ago he had crazy hype

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I watched him in the u19s and he was really good. There was a big on Turkey too that was really good, can't remember who he is though

You know who had a lot of hype for an international guy but doesn't even look draftable to me ? Mara from Spain. Couple years ago he had crazy hype
Mick Cronin and that bullshyt system doesn't help, look at what he did to Peyton Watson's draft stock

Box Factory

haha
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Yeah I saw Zach Edey mocked in the lottery the other day and that tells you all you need to know about this draft :scust:
He wasn't even gonna be drafted last year that's why he went back to school
He was 100% getting drafted last year. Probably in the 2nd, but he was getting drafted

He's made huge strides in terms of mobility, and defence, plus he's literally the most dominant NCAA player of the last 30 years. His advance stats are unparalleled

Bigs like Clingan being rated ahead of him by some is hilarious to me